Has anybody made any good sales of Footage on Alamy ? Is it still ONLY sourced from pond5 ? I have 69 clips here on Alamy taken from 200 odd at Pond5. I would like to submit directly.

• Like 1

I've only made a handful of Pond5 distributor sales since Alamy joined their distribution scheme. I can say with certainty that none of those sales came through Alamy because they were sales of clips which Alamy had chosen not to import into their collection.

I've not been living in lively anticipation of Alamy building their own footage collection, so I've not been disappointed in that respect. I've not seen any indication that this situation is changing any time soon.

4 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I've not seen any indication that this situation is changing any time soon.

There was this posted by Alamy on Dec 5, 2022 :

"In terms of footage, at the moment we have only partnered with Pond5, but in the near future we hope to open up the video route to all contributors. We will let contributors know when this happens.

Thanks, 

Chantelle"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil said:

"In terms of footage, at the moment we have only partnered with Pond5, but in the near future we hope to open up the video route to all contributors. We will let contributors know when this happens.

Thanks, 

Chantelle"

Coo. I missed that little gem. Thank you Phil, I shall look forward to hearing more.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Travelshots said:

I see that Alamy have rebranded the videos and have removed the pond5 copyright info from the contributor name. I still would like to know if anybody has made a sale of video ????

Also video license pricing menu has been removed and a short generic license availability statement added. 

Changes for Alamy's video licensing are afoot it appears.

Edited by Phil
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/03/2023 at 19:09, Phil said:

Thanks, 

Chantelle"

I missed this too. Could interesting especially if Live News footage will be accepted.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It's been almost a year since Alamy posted their hint of opening up Alamy video footage submissions for contributors.   

During that time license pricing and description of video footage items has been published and subsequently removed at least a couple times.

Anyone have any insight on what gives with contributor video submissions and/or conjecture why Alamy seems to be dragging their feet with video?