Infringement billed to publisher refunded??????????

wtf.  this big time magazine publisher used a photo last year but after 3 months never acknowledged it as a sale. so the infringement depart sent them a bill and it was recorded as an infringement sale in . today, the infringement sale was refunded???????????

Mmm... I wonder if I'll see the same shortly. I've noticed the significant fees the infringement team is sometimes prepared to invoice regular customers for an infringement. Whilst this may be a great deterrent against failing to report a usage, it could also drive existing and valuable customers away. I can imagine such customers complaining and then Alamy backs down. No easy answers on that one. 

Mark

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Hi all, 

An image used by a major magazine in June, 2022 was not reported for 5 months.  I contacted Alamy infringement team and the image was invoiced. All of a sudden, it was refunded in full on Feb 27, 2023 so for now the customer has not spent a penny for the image usage (the page with image is still available on-line). My inquiries to Alamy Sales resulted in nor response to date whereas my inquiry to Alamy Contributor Relations resulted in a generic response that it was "likely a billing error", without any specifics to that particular sale.

Edited by Alamy

• Alamy locked this topic