Anyone speak Czech??

Steve F

3 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Trying to get some of my 80 or so images on sale that have been languishing in AIM for a few years... Does anyone speak Czech or get the gist of what this plaque is saying?

Cheers,

Steve

plaque-on-a-building-in-prague-with-a-fi

Nope. But Wikipedia does.

English: A memorial, on the corner of Petschkův palác, commemorating the victims of the Gestapo and Reinhard Heydrich. "During the period of Nazi occupation, this building was home to the cruel Gestapo where the warriors for our nation's freedom fought, suffered and died. We shall never forget their memory and be faith to their legacy. People Be Watchful!

wim

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Nope. But Wikipedia does.

English: A memorial, on the corner of Petschkův palác, commemorating the victims of the Gestapo and Reinhard Heydrich. "During the period of Nazi occupation, this building was home to the cruel Gestapo where the warriors for our nation's freedom fought, suffered and died. We shall never forget their memory and be faith to their legacy. People Be Watchful!

wim

Wow, many thanks! Forum comes through again!!

• Like 1

Steve, also if you have the Google app on your, the app will translate text by pointing your camera at the image on your screen.  Mind you, it is a rough translation.  I tried it on your photo and got a roughly what Wim found on Wikipedia.

I should have mentioned that you may need to update your Google app to get that feature.

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Steve, also if you have the Google app on your, the app will translate text by pointing your camera at the image on your screen.  Mind you, it is a rough translation.  I tried it on your photo and got a roughly what Wim found on Wikipedia.

I should have mentioned that you may need to update your Google app to get that feature.

My regular image search add-on did it's usual trick.

Google is quite late with this. Bing has had it for a while. Occasionally over the years we have been pointing our phones at our screens with the Google Translate app. 😁

wim

• Thanks 1