Please take a look.

Luke____S

Luke

you have some nice pictures in your collection and if you keep filing and get a thousand plus photos you should get sales.  My personal view is that you need to work on your keywords a little. In my view buyers on Alamy do not search on “blue” or “white” unless the attribute carries specific weight, for example “brown bear”.  In terms of stock photography you beat me hands down.  You may want to focus on “people doing things” as Alamy was, until recently, an editorial agency - although you may be in tune with the new direction….  I also note you joined Alamy in 2017 yet only have 330 images you need to up your submission rate to be whatever passes for successful now, overall good work.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, IanDavidson said:

Luke

you have some nice pictures in your collection and if you keep filing and get a thousand plus photos you should get sales.  My personal view is that you need to work on your keywords a little. In my view buyers on Alamy do not search on “blue” or “white” unless the attribute carries specific weight, for example “brown bear”.  In terms of stock photography you beat me hands down.  You may want to focus on “people doing things” as Alamy was, until recently, an editorial agency - although you may be in tune with the new direction….  I also note you joined Alamy in 2017 yet only have 330 images you need to up your submission rate to be whatever passes for successful now, overall good work.

Thanks for your comments Ian. I appreciate them. I did sign up in 2017 and sort of got disillusioned and didn't believe I could sell anything or be any good at this 

sort of thing. I've come back with a different out look and am now going to add a lot more files and see how things go. I think an overhaul of my keywords maybe a good place to start from what you say. Thank you.

Couple of things I noticed in your plant pics

Image ID: R6F3YP Digitalia Purpurea 

Should be Digitalis purpurea

Image ID: R82Y6P  Bluebells

These look like might be the English bluebell Hyacinthoides non-scripta

Have a look at the original and compare shape with pics here

https://gardening.which.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360000144769-English-Spanish-and-hybrid-bluebells

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/plants/wild-flowers/bluebell/

Also has keyword "black and white" 

Hi Luke,

Your portfolio appears to be a mix of editorial type images and microstock images (i.e. the backgrounds and borders). I've no idea how well the background images sell on Alamy, perhaps someone with similar images can chip in? Alamy is historically primarily an editorial agency.

If you're trying to sell editorial images, many of your captions are too short, be aware that they are also searchable by clients. Include the Latin as well as the common name of plants, insects and the location (including the country). Some helpful links:

https://www.alamy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Captions-and-Tags-checklist.pdf

https://www.alamy.com/blog/tips-for-your-captions-from-the-sales-team

https://www.alamy.com/blog/captions-and-tags

landscape in the mountains with dramatic sky - Image ID: 2K6EAAJ

This is very unlikely to ever sell. How is a client ever going to find it? Remember, Alamy has 300 million images and there are a bunch of other stock agencies out there. Where is it (county/state, country), when (month, time of day), it's showing agriculture in the region? Is 'tourism' a relevant keyword? If so, maybe expand on that in the caption. e.g.

European grapevines (Vitis vinifera) with red and orange colored leaves in autumn in the popular wine growing areas of Langenlois and Mittelberg. Austria - Image ID: 2A5BM18

errrmmm, I only see leaves and sky:

A traditional Spanish street with cobbled road and flowers on the wall in summer  - Image ID: TA4FTJ

Three large organic Spanish lemons freshly picked from a tree on the mountains sat on a rustic and weathered wooden table in the sun - Image ID: TA4FTW

three-large-organic-spanish-lemons-fresh

Nice enough image. But I can't help feeling that seeing a collection basket, or one of the trees and the mountain in the background would give it a lot more context and make it more saleable.

Good luck.

Steve

Edited by Steve F

Luke,

nice little portfolio.

I am only referring to the images. For captions and keywords, stick to the native speakers.
So, the images are IMO for the most part good and should sell. Mixing editorial and commercial is not harmful in my experience, on the contrary.
I sell at Alamy bid "species" in equal proportions. But I doubt if the simple backgrounds like colored clouds make sense.
Your portfolio lacks mass above all, you simply have too few images yet to earn at Alamy, an agency that sells only moderately. So upload a few thousand more, consider the hints of the other forum participants with the titles and keywords and then sales should start.
Good luck.

Thanks all for your feed back. Its very helpful.

I'm not sure selling stock is for me. I just don't have the time or eye to produce the the sheer volume of content. Maybe I need to find my feet creating things I like for a while without thinking I need to create stock. I find it creatively crippling.

I do appreciate all your feedback and admire your great portfolios. Maybe one day.