Refund for sale made in Sept 2020 and Affiliate Charges

So I'm getting my tax stuff together and looked into my sales details, which I haven't done for a while.

I saw a refund of a sale made in September 2020, the refund was made in July 2022. Really Alamy? Really? Nearly 2 years later? Surely there is some kind of cut off for this?

The other thing I've noticed are quite a few 'Affiliate charges', can someone shed some light on what this is?

Many thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nathaniel Noir said:

So I'm getting my tax stuff together and looked into my sales details, which I haven't done for a while.

I saw a refund of a sale made in September 2020, the refund was made in July 2022. Really Alamy? Really? Nearly 2 years later? Surely there is some kind of cut off for this?

The other thing I've noticed are quite a few 'Affiliate charges', can someone shed some light on what this is?

Many thanks!

Both these items have been highlighted,  none explained from Alamy.   

A few of the late refunds got replies from Alamy that they would be reversed, but mine never was even after they told me it would be. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

still doesn't explain why the increase in such charges since the new contract change, as well as the sudden appearance of retro-active separate charges again only in last 15 months

also if it's 10%, why are we charged 15% and to not get earnings from future sales after the 30 day period?  

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Thank you for this. It says that you earn with the affiliate program. Does that mean that my images have been sold at some point under the affiliate program and then they are charging me something for it later? So confusing.

Is this something you opt into? I don't remember opting into anything like this...

19 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

still doesn't explain why the increase in such charges since the new contract change, as well as the sudden appearance of retro-active separate charges again only in last 15 months

also if it's 10%, why are we charged 15% and to not get earnings from future sales after the 30 day period?  

I'm very confused.....

2 hours ago, Nathaniel Noir said:

Thank you for this. It says that you earn with the affiliate program. Does that mean that my images have been sold at some point under the affiliate program and then they are charging me something for it later? So confusing.

Is this something you opt into? I don't remember opting into anything like this...

It means the client who bought it was "sent" to Alamy, at time of purchase, through an Affiliate link (a click here link on another website). 

This could mean multiple thing.  It could mean

1)the client didn't know Alamy, was looking for images and someone nicely on their website sending here (we even got confirmation from a Photographer with a blog that Alamy was pushing them on promoting the link, interestingly that post got deleted quickly)

2)client was going to buy from Alamy, and as a thank you for something totally unrelated used the affiliate link of someone to get here after the fact (this is how i have always used affiliate links)

3) and this is me speculating due to increase in last year and delayed accounting, Alamy has made a deal with source(s) of potential client who find images through "searches", and once a month they get accounting reconciliation from this sOOrce (this is my speculative part) and we the get dinged.

there is no opted out.  It's part of the contract.  

note: the reason for speculating, is after multiple request to Alamy to explain the increase and appearance of late reporting of large charges, we have still not heard anything.