Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello all

I haven't come across this situation with Alamy before, so thought I'd ask here for advice:

I have come across one of my images here (large group of dogs together) - https://www.tyla.com/animals/golden-retriever-experience-canine-cottages-20220901

This image was zoomed in this past week, but I haven't seen any sales in Alamy yet. Other images in the article have Alamy credited as the source for them, but mine doesn't.

I've read that "it might take a few months for your sale to be processed."

Does this mean it will take months for it to show as sold, or a few months for it to clear? Or are they separate things?

How long is it reasonable to wait before I report an unauthorised use?

Thank you

 

Edited by Ambrosiniv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Martin L said:

You are credited, just scroll to the bottom of the article.

Oh, yes, well spotted, thank you.

In that case, do I just have to wait (potentially months according to Alamy)?

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ambrosiniv said:

Does this mean it will take months for it to show as sold, or a few months for it to clear? Or are they separate things?

How long is it reasonable to wait before I report an unauthorised use?

It can take months for the licence to be reported, and then months to clear. We used to be told to allow three months before chasing, but it's now four. To be fair though, these are worse case scenarios.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, Ambrosiniv said:

Oh, yes, well spotted, thank you.

In that case, do I just have to wait (potentially months according to Alamy)?

thanks

i got a few from this group, usualy reported in a few weeks tops. barely $ sale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

It can take months for the licence to be reported, and then months to clear. We used to be told to allow three months before chasing, but it's now four. To be fair though, these are worse case scenarios.

and then months to be refunded, which clears right away (for worse case scenario) 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.