Is Alamy Giving the 20%ers Higher Ranking?

Jill Morgan

Question

I have noticed since I got bumped to the basement of the 20% cut, my zooms have increased significantly. And more sales.  So today I did some researching and all of a sudden am noticing images that used to be buried are now on pages 1 or 2, with most hitting page 1.  So I began to wonder if maybe Alamy are putting we 20%ers up front so they can get a bigger piece of the pie.  Any other basement people notice this?

Jill

3 answers to this question

Hi Jill I think they might be. Out of my 9,000 images I had 22  views yesterday. Alamy would have me believe its a trend Lol. If they restrict the views I get and increase the views for those that are on 20%. Bingo my images don't get seen and next July I will be down in the 20% group! And so on it goes rinse and repeat .

Edited by Shergar

I hope they are giving you a boost, Jill. When I check subjects I still see myself on page one most of the time but since around April my monthly views have gone from about 3500 to 2500. I think this new website is not doing any of us any good.

Paulette

• Love 3