Bridge/Camera Raw 14.4

CAROL SAUNDERS

Question

Hi folks, for the life of me, I cannot find the Paintbrush and/or remember the short cut for i.e., select sky.  It's probably hiding in plain sight ?  I updated yesterday I'm sure I was using it no problem before.

Any help appreciated as always 😁

Carol

8 answers to this question

Hi Carol, if I understand you correctly, you are looking for the "Adjustment Brush" (in Camera Raw)...it now lives under the "Masking" tool, located on the right, below the bandaid looking tool.  When you click on the masking tool, it will open up all these other tools and one of them is the Brush tool.  I hope that is what you were looking for.

This video may help.

Michael

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

This video may help.

Michael

Ah yes that update which made many tools more accessible.

I wish I still had hair I could pull out. Thanks for the video though! My favorite Adobe teacher.

wim

• Love 1

On 27/06/2022 at 16:55, wiskerke said:

Ah yes that update which made many tools more accessible.

I wish I still had hair I could pull out. Thanks for the video though! My favorite Adobe teacher.

wim

I pull my hair out every time there's an update, thank heavens for this Forum, always gets me out of trouble😁

Carol

• Love 1

If anyone, like me, isn't happy with the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw, you can revert back to the previous version (13.1).  Just be sure your Adobe applications are closed first, before installing.  It will overwrite the new version.  I really had a nice work flow going before this latest update.  The top version (14.4) is the latest, go one down to get the previous version reinstalled.  I am so happy I just did.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#fourteen_x

I keep having an issue in LR where sometimes when I hit the masking tool it shows me the masks I've done already and lets me add a new one and sometimes I need to go into the menu along the top and hit create new mask to have the mask drop down open up. For the life of me I can't figure out why it works from the tools on the right sometimes and other times it won't open. I do love, however, that I can adjust a sky or the rest of the image in one photo and then add those changes to other similar ones and LR will update them and I can then go in and adjust as needed. The Select Sky/Inverse is my new favorite. I can add a little sharpening, contrast, etc as needed and leave the sky alone. But I hate the way the tools seem to sometimes disappear and I feel like I've lost my mind trying to do something I've done a million times before. 

9 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

If anyone, like me, isn't happy with the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw, you can revert back to the previous version (13.1).  Just be sure your Adobe applications are closed first, before installing.  It will overwrite the new version.  I really had a nice work flow going before this latest update.  The top version (14.4) is the latest, go one down to get the previous version reinstalled.  I am so happy I just did.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#fourteen_x

Thanks Michael that's good to know, though at the moment thanks to your help I'm ok with the new version for now😄

Carol

• Love 1