No upload today

4 hours ago, SteveFleming said:

I'm using Nikon Z7 and Leica SL2 which are 47Mb cameras. 

If I produce a panorama then larger still.

I wonder how the medium format photographers manage their output and uploads?

At the moment if I'm using Firefox then files need to be under 35Mb and for Safari 50Mb.

Still nothing from Alamy IT services - waiting over a month now.

Have you tried uploading with Chrome rather than Firefox? My uploading problems with larger files were solved when I switched to Chrome from FF. 

• Like 1

In the past I've had my share of slow or failed uploads, mainly via the web uploader in early days. FTP via Filezilla, my current norm, was mostly better. Most of my uploads are resized to 4000 pix on the longest side, some down to 3000. Perhaps that's why most of my uploads are trouble free. Previously photographing some big events and attempting to upload via my phones hotspot could be impossible as the local 4G was being saturated. We can only assume as it appears the current problems are only experienced by a relatively small percentage of contributors that Alamy doesn't have the capability or resources to determine the cause. Could be down to resources if contributors are still waiting a month later for a reply. 

I use FTP for my uploads. I use Windows File Explorer with a link to my Alamy upload location associated with my account. I just drag and drop the jpegs into the Explorer window and wait for the upload. I have had no problems with this method and I am uploading 40MB jpeg images.

Edited by MB Photography
Missed word

3 hours ago, MB Photography said:

I use FTP for my uploads. I use Windows File Explorer with a link the Alamy upload location associated with my account. I just drag and drop the jpegs into the Explorer window and wait for the upload. I have had no problems with this method and I am uploading 40MB jpeg images.

7 hours ago, sb photos said:

In the past I've had my share of slow or failed uploads, mainly via the web uploader in early days. FTP via Filezilla, my current norm, was mostly better. Most of my uploads are resized to 4000 pix on the longest side, some down to 3000. Perhaps that's why most of my uploads are trouble free. Previously photographing some big events and attempting to upload via my phones hotspot could be impossible as the local 4G was being saturated. We can only assume as it appears the current problems are only experienced by a relatively small percentage of contributors that Alamy doesn't have the capability or resources to determine the cause. Could be down to resources if contributors are still waiting a month later for a reply. 

Thanks for the information, some things for me to try.