First Submission Questions

Mary

Question

Good Day,

I am a new contributor and passed QC. I did watch the "help" video but still having difficulty submitting my first three approved photos?

For example, all of my tags are together for all three photos? How do I separate each photo's tags and submit that particular photo?  I am not able to click on each photo, add that photos tags and submit? I am able to save? Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Best,

Mary 

7 answers to this question

To clarify the terminology, submission is the process of uploading your processed photo. The submission will appear in the Alamy Image Manager (AIM) as a submission awaiting QC. Once you have passed you need to complete the submission by adding caption and tags as a minimum. I would highly recommend you complete the fields in the optional tab too.

AIM has a quirky picture selection process. You need to click an image to select it for adding caption etc. If you click additional images it will treat them as a group and add the same caption and tags. When doing one image at a time, you have to explicitly click your image a second time to deselect it, before choosing the next image to which you want to add tags etc. AIM's image selection process is annoying as too often one can inadvertently select several unrelated images and give them the same caption and tags.

You don't need to do anything further once you have at least a caption and five tags on each image. The system will update automatically, usually overnight but sometimes a day or two later and then your images will be available for licencing. Read up on captioning and keywording on the contributor homepage and in the threads in this forum - your skill in keywording will likely mean the difference between success and failure. 

• Love 2

On 23/02/2022 at 03:16, Mary said:

Good Day,

I am a new contributor and passed QC. I did watch the "help" video but still having difficulty submitting my first three approved photos?

For example, all of my tags are together for all three photos? How do I separate each photo's tags and submit that particular photo?  I am not able to click on each photo, add that photos tags and submit? I am able to save? Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Best,

Mary 

If you click on each photo individually you can either add them to the group or remove them. Not obvious at first glance, but it does work!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Brian Salter said:

If you click on each photo individually you can either add them to the group or remove them. Not obvious at first glance, but it does work!

Thank you! 

I looked at the images as they appear now and you have fallen victim to one of the infuriating problems with the image manager. You'll need to choose each image individually and fix the captions and keywords......  saving frequently. You have to un-choose each one as you go or you end up with entries on the wrong image. Grrrrrr. I've never quite made friends with this image manager.

Paulette

• Love 2