Anyone using Photoshop Touch For Android?

I was considering buying Photoshop Touch for Android for my Samsung Tablet. With an OTG cable attached to the camera, I should be able to take, adjust and upload on the go should I ever come across some great news on the road.

Anyone else use this?

Edited to add: Also, can you do RAW?

Jill

There are very good free apps on andriod market (from what i remember ) for converting, viewing raw (can't remeber about editing) on the go. I have got photoshop on IOS it's limited, very limited (it is limited to what it can do and open as in, Image megapixel size)

its kind of like a really smart version of MS paint with photoshop features. Not sure, how limited the andriod version is? I assume they are both ported over? Therefor I assume both have the same disadvantages.

Based on my self.

To help you answer your question, Yes you can edit on the go,

- From my testing I did, yes. It's great you get most of features from desktop version. However, photoshop only works if I downsized my images to a maximum of 12MP.

- The thing which puts me off from using PS Touch, I would have to go to a computer and downsize them, then copy or upload Them to your my ipad or tablet. The fact I have to downsize almost 50% is a big no no for me. The fact I have to goto my pc, and load them I could just do it in my pc without having other hassles, that just kills it for me. Hopefully adobe will realize this one day and fix it.

Could you Upload on the go? depends on if the device is compatible with company or agency X.

My Orginal intention was very similar to yours, honestly I just stick to good old way it works best (for now).

I've only used the phone version of PS Touch on my Galaxy S2, but it can't edit raw images. I actually only use it to edit images taken with my phone, for which it is OK. Still, I find myself using Snapseed most of the time unless I want to do use layers for things like exposure blending. The main reason I don't use it often is that at least on my phone PS is a bit sluggish and i can't do any editing that requires precision so I wouldn't consider using it for any serious post-processing.

I actually discovered my tablet came with PS Touch, so I will have to play around with it. They load so much crap on there that its hard to find anything, and of course they won't let you delete any of it either.  I may check out some of the other apps on adroid for quick PP.

Jill

My samsung note 10.1 came loaded with ps touch which  I did try  but soon found that it would not load the full size files so gave up with it quite quick. i have since been using a android app called "Photo editor" which allows me to work on full res images uploaded via eye fi direct to the tablet then downsize them for uploading for news.. and the other must have android app for me is "Mo photo" which allows you to enter the caption headline info etc and upload direct to alamy via ftp ( should you have access to it with alamy ) I also have installed flash so that I can use alamy measures on my tablet ( it is not as good as using it on my pc, but it is useable ) couple the above with tethering the tablet to you mobile  and you can take images ( for news, anything else would be better off being done at home on the PC ) edit  and keyword them and upload whilst you are away from your office....

• 2 months later...

Mmmm just wasting rather too much time going through apps for my new android tablet which will edit captions etc also batch rename at least to conform with the news feed requirements). I can find no trace of the "Mo photo" that Steve B talks about - anyone else had any luck? This one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teapps.exiftag

is quite good.

Anyone found a good batch file renamer?

Mmmm just wasting rather too much time going through apps for my new android tablet which will edit captions etc also batch rename at least to conform with the news feed requirements). I can find no trace of the "Mo photo" that Steve B talks about - anyone else had any luck? This one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teapps.exiftag

is quite good.

Anyone found a good batch file renamer?

Have a look under MoPhotos. Capital M and P... sorry I left the s off the end before

Since I've been in the sin bin with my latest RX100 uploads I've been using my time looking into doing a similar thing and have successfully tested it.

I've got an eye-fi for my RX100 which uploads to my Android phone. I then use Photo Editor to manipulate the images just like PS - crop, levels, caption and IPTC data. It also has batch capability. I've paid the $2 for the full version to get rid of the ads and it's well worth it anyway. I can save the files with my own names and upload to news outlets from there either with FTP or Java.

I would normally have my main kit and laptop with me anyway but this is just in case something newsworthy occurs when I don't.

Thanks Steve and Alex, just found a cracking little batch file renamer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cyb.satheesh.filerenamer.pro

there is a free version which you can try but for 60p you can get rid of the ads.

The Photo Editor looks pretty good too and I will probably give MoPhotos a try soon too.

Archived