Finding offline images

John Mitchell

Question

7 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

In AIM, the filters include the option of Discoverability/Not on Sale. Does this not isolate the ones Alamy have highlighted?

No, it doesn't appear to, which is really weird. Also, Alamy didn't highlight any specific images. They just gave me the number.

I downloaded my data in AIM as Alamy suggests. However, it doesn't always completely jibe with the captions and tags showing in AIM, which is a wee bit frustrating. There's gotta be a better way.

Edited by John Mitchell

4 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

got same email, numbers don't match either for me.

Maybe it's some of the images they we deleted 2-3 months ago in the Contract limbo phase.  

Alamy says the downloadable spreadsheet highlights the offline images (see below), but they don't say how it highlights them. I found three of mine without captions, but they still showed as being on sale. My spreadsheet also shows a number of images with fewer than five tags. However, when I check them in AIM, they have more than that. I deleted quite a few images during limbo, so perhaps you're right.

"A spreadsheet highlighting offline images can be requested in Alamy Image Manager, simply click 'Send me my data'."

11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Alamy says the downloadable spreadsheet highlights the offline images (see below), but they don't say how it highlights them. I found three of mine without captions, but they still showed as being on sale. My spreadsheet also shows a number of images with fewer than five tags. However, when I check them in AIM, they have more than that. I deleted quite a few images during limbo, so perhaps you're right.

"A spreadsheet highlighting offline images can be requested in Alamy Image Manager, simply click 'Send me my data'."

If you download, Column S has "Status", so using a filter you could get what they claim is "not for sale", but for me it's just a repeat of the info using the filter in AIM 

Edited by meanderingemu

3 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I received an e-mail from Alamy today informing me that I have 17 offline images that need captions and/or keywords. So far I've only been able to locate three of them. Can anyone suggest a surefire way of finding offline images in your collection? Thanks.

LOL, I got the same email, I have three images, uploaded via Archival, they are fully captioned and keyworded and ready to go, but not online yet.

It appears that Alamy is tripping over it's own feet?

Chuck