Does Alamy have a form for transferring copyright or ownership of images?

jarenwicklund

Question

My mother was a brief contributor to Alamy but is no longer interested in the submission process. She wants to sign over all her paintings to me as owner and copyright holder with all permission, etc. She would rather I submit them as the new owner, since the submission process is not daunting for me (she is over 70). Does Alamy have a specific form we need to submit or is a generic authorization contract between us two sufficient? She has deleted her acct already but I am sure her images are still on record as under her name. 

4 answers to this question

Copyright ownership isn't an Alamy issue I'm afraid, it's something between yourself and your mother. You may be able to achieve this with a carefully worded document drawn up by the two of you and witnessed by a thiord party, though I suspect this would be better done via a lawyer. Once you've both signed, you own the copyright.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

If your mother has closed her account, then her images won't still be available.

Deleted images still show up in the Image Manager (with the word 'deleted' across them) so they might still be on the server - however, I don't know if the same applies if the account has been closed.  

Some years ago I had some images with a small agency who had scanned some of them and put them on Alamy.  When the agency closed down they arranged for these to be transferred my own Alamy account.  So, if the images are still on Alamy's servers it might be possible to have them re-activated and transferred to you.  I expect Alamy would need a legal document from your mother giving permission.

However, all this is speculation - you would need to contact Alamy to get a definitive answer

• Thanks 1