"COMING SOON - Fresh stock videos" email?

I wish it were the case we would be allowed to submit videos to Alamy. One of the issues which has been highlighted by this benighted new contract is that I really need professional indemnity insurance to guard against the (however unlikely) cost of any legal action. All my video portfolio is licenced through microstock agencies based in the USA or Canada. Getting professional indemnity insurance which covers contracts in those countries costs about four times what it does for UK based agencies, simply because of the greater risk of legal action and higher costs in the USA. If Alamy accepted my videos I would consider gritting my teeth at 40% commission and saying farewell to microstock video and hello to Alamy video. I wait with bated breath.

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Coming from where? Not us- they've been turning them down for years.

Another thing we're locked out of?

I was a bit nonplussed when I got the email. I had been thinking recently about doing videos. Not a clue though - something else to learn! But as you say, not coming from us. And more importantly, will we be allowed to upload....?

Didn't get the e-mail, but I wonder if it's a collaboration with that Pondy place (which has tons of "fresh stock videos") or a similar website.

P.S. I quite like the Pondy place and still have a few video clips with them.

Edited by John Mitchell

1 minute ago, John Mitchell said:

I wonder if it's a collaboration with that Pondy place (which has tons of "fresh stock videos") or a similar website.

P.S. I quite like the Pondy place and still have a few video clips with them.

Said place is probably the best of the microstock video sites, since the previous best place 'did an Alamy' last year (only 10 times worse than Alamy). Having said that, my own thought about this email (which I've yet to see, incidently) is that the 'fresh' video will come from PA's own sources and ordinary Alamy contributors will remain frozen out. I still have bated breath though.

• Love 1