Unauthorized use (?) wrong caption

Gryf

Question

Hi, I would like to ask for an advise as I experience this kind of issue for the first time:

to my surprise I found my picture in a Polish weekly that I read regularly:

https://www.polityka.pl/tygodnikpolityka/swiat/2123139,1,balkany-zbrodniarze-wojenni-wracaja-do-lask.read

The one with Radovan Karadzic, Alamy Image ID: KKW7CP.

There are two things: such a sale was not reported so far (the weekly was published last week) and it has wrong capture - "Associated Press / EAST NEWS".

Therefore two questions:

1. Shall I contact Alamy about the use or shall I wait until it is reported (how long?)

2. What (if anything) shall I do about the caption? Contact Alamy or the publisher?

Thanks in advance

Gryf

Edited by Gryf

9 answers to this question

Sorry but it's not the same photograph.  Someone has taken the same shot from exactly the same spot.  If you look closely at the leaves at the top right there is a slightly larger gap between the leaves and the window frame.  On the left is your photo and on the right is the one from your link.

51276425392_e94f43e102_o.jpg

• Love 2

Sometimes publishers get the credits wrong - working under pressure, tight deadlines etc. (it's happened to me) but there's not much you can do about it now that it's been published.  I wouldn't worry about it as long as you get paid.  Unfortunately it can take weeks, if not months, before a sale is reported.  I'd give it three months - if it's not reported by then, then contact Alamy (send them a scan of the magazine).  Certainly do not contact the publishers without contacting Alamy first - you would be in breach of contract (section 4.6).

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Sometimes publishers get the credits wrong - working under pressure, tight deadlines etc. (it's happened to me) but there's not much you can do about it now that it's been published.  I wouldn't worry about it as long as you get paid.  Unfortunately it can take weeks, if not months, before a sale is reported.  I'd give it three months - if it's not reported by then, then contact Alamy (send them a scan of the magazine).  Certainly do not contact the publishers without contacting Alamy first - you would be in breach of contract (section 4.6).

thank you Vincent! Very useful!

15 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

You do realise of course that Associated Press are the new owners of Alamy?

Allan

I think you mean the Press Association !

I know it confuses me at times too.

Associated Press is different,  a US based news organisation I believe.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I think you mean the Press Association !

I know it confuses me at times too.

Associated Press is different,  a US based news organisation I believe.

Thank you for correcting me. I apologise to all on here for the mistake.

Possibly upset AP too.

Allan

• Love 1