Prestige Collection minimum price

Bryan

Alamy has just leased one of my photos for $13. It's not a great picture, but it is unique and unrepeatable. I've searched here and big G and there is nothing equivalent. It's not really a MS subject.

Many of my photos could be taken by anyone with a decent camera and adequate skills, but a few are special, maybe for historic reasons, or because of a unique opportunity.

I would like to mark a small percentage of my collection as special, not to be sold for less than x $$.  It might cost me in the long run as customers may not be prepared to pay the price, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take.   How about allowing contributors to earmark a small percentage of their portfolio, say 1%, as not to be sold for less than an agreed amount ?   These special collections could be curated and submission would have to include a  case argued for their inclusion, or it could just be left to the photographer.

Any interest ?

• Love 1
  • Like 4

On 22/06/2021 at 13:12, Bryan said:

Alamy has just leased one of my photos for $13. It's not a great picture, but it is unique and unrepeatable. I've searched here and big G and there is nothing equivalent. It's not really a MS subject.

Many of my photos could be taken by anyone with a decent camera and adequate skills, but a few are special, maybe for historic reasons, or because of a unique opportunity.

I would like to mark a small percentage of my collection as special, not to be sold for less than x $$.  It might cost me in the long run as customers may not be prepared to pay the price, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take.   How about allowing contributors to earmark a small percentage of their portfolio, say 1%, as not to be sold for less than an agreed amount ?   These special collections could be curated and submission would have to include a  case argued for their inclusion, or it could just be left to the photographer.

Any interest ?

Bryan,

I've been pushing for being able to set a minimum license fee on "Really RARE Images for years."  Alamy just licensed a portrait that I did in Moscow for a major magazine.  It took months to set up and the person in the image is still in the news.  Alamy licensed it for very low x$ (hard to comprehend...).  It should not be up to the photographer, but for Alamy to understand the value of an image.

For an agency/library to do this does not make any business sense. 

This year I have had several clients (Print and movie production companies) contact me directly about images that I have had for decades in another collection one that I left, but not yet on

Alamy.  They came right out and told me that they would pay me $350 per image for just preview scans from the 35mm chromes.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Nacke
grammer
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Bryan,

I've been pushing for being able to set a minimum license fee on "Really RARE Images for years."  Alamy just licensed a portrait that I did in Moscow for a major magazine.  It took months to set up and the person in the image is still in the news.  Alamy licensed it for very low xx$.  It should not be up to the photographer, but for Alamy to understand the value of an image.

For an agency/library to do this does not make any business sense. 

This year I have had several clients (Print and movie production companies) contact me directly about images that I have for decades in another collection one that I left, but not yet on

Alamy.  They came right out and told me that they would pay me $350 per image for just preview scans from the 35mm chromes.

Chuck

I cynically suspect that some of the low ball sales are to PA's owning newspapers.  And some may be to ad agencies that PA papers want to encourage to place ads. 

• Like 2