I want to opting out Distribution

This may sound obvious but -

When I opt out 'Distribution', do I need to untick United Kingdom (European territories) as well or to leave UK ticked?

Thanks

Sung

Put a check mark on everything you want distribution in. Leave blank everything you want out of. Be careful to only click on the far option to see the countries…maybe an arrow? If you click on the name of the countries leftish, you’ll put a check mark back in all of the boxes and be 100% opted in again.

I know…I made that mistake. I’m glad I checked again today and fixed it. The way it is set up is to fool you.

• Like 1

Hi Betty.  Thank you for your reply.  I do agree with you that the way is set up unclearly.

But maybe my question was not well phrased.

When I tried to opt out of Distribution, after having unticked everywhere, I, by chance, noticed that under European territories, the second last territory was 'United Kingdom'.  It prompted me to think; 

• Do I need to leave UK 'ticked' or 'unticked'?.  It is a bit confusing (at least to me).  Surely Alamy doesn't have distributors in the UK.
  • If I untick 'UK', does it mean that my images are not available at all even in the UK?

Am I over thinking?

Sung

8 minutes ago, MDM said:

Yes

Thanks, MDM.  So does it mean that to opt out of 'Distribution' completely, I also need to untick UK?  And are my images still available in UK?

Sung

19 minutes ago, SFL said:

Thanks, MDM.  So does it mean that to opt out of 'Distribution' completely, I also need to untick UK?  And are my images still available in UK?

Sung

I take it to mean that unticking the UK box under 'Distribution' means any external distributors which Alamy uses who happen to sell to the UK will no longer be able to licence your images in the UK. However, Alamy themselves will still make your images available in the UK, and indeed anywhere else in the world where the customer buys directly through Alamy.

Edited by Joseph Clemson
spelling

35 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I take it to mean that unticking the UK box under 'Distribution' means any external distributors which Alamy uses who happen to sell to the UK will no longer be able to licence your images in the UK. However, Alamy themselves will still make your images available in the UK, and indeed anywhere else in the world where the customer buys directly through Alamy.

Thanks, Joseph.  You are right.  I just had a moment of confusion.

Sung