Hello From The Wirral

George Evans

Hello, I'm a returning member to Alamy giving stock a second try. I was a not very successful member some 15 yrs ago. I managed to make a few small sales but struggled to make enough for a pay out and the only way to get paid was to delete my account.  My camera gear wasn't the best back then and my images weren't "stock" in style but I managed to get past QC with my limited post processing skills. My photographic skills and camera gear has developed in 15 yrs and I'm hoping for better luck second time around. 

I shoot infrared, architecture, landscapes and flowers. My first three photos for submission are simple clean images of flowers and it feels strange not to apply any sharpening. That will be a concern with the infrared images which I hope won't be rejected for being too soft. 

18 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I believe the default sharpening in Lightroom is fine. It is over-sharpening that they are concerned about.

Paulette

depends on the Camera.  Default was too much for xTrans file from Fujifilm last I had a LR account, default from C1 is fine for these. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2021 at 11:10, George Evans said:

are simple clean images of flowers and it feels strange not to apply any sharpening.

You shouldn't need to apply sharpening if you've focused on the point that you want and selected the depth of field that you want.

Good luck