Customer Search Activity Query

gardenbush

Question

Hi Everyone - This morning I see that a customer searched for the term, river stour, and one of my images popped up in 'Your Views'. Now, I have some 15 images with the river stour term, is there any reason why the other 14 images do not show in 'Your Session'? thanks, Colin

5 answers to this question

Hi Colin,

If your other 14 River Stour images do not show up on a page that a client looked at, then they won't show up in the client search. i.e. If a client looks at the first page of results only and you have a single image on that first page, then only that single image will appear as a 'view'.

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Hi Colin,

If your other 14 River Stour images do not show up on a page that a client looked at, then they won't show up in the client search. i.e. If a client looks at the first page of results only and you have a single image on that first page, then only that single image will appear as a 'view'.

Steve

You can influence which one will rank higher with your Combination of using the term(s) in the Caption, Super Tag and KW, and making sure more marginal ones that are going to potentially only be used in addition rank lower on their own.    

I generally do some quick validation to make sure it was my best related images that got to the front of searches. 

Nothing more frustration to see that one at top was one where the search words were included on as additional info (eg "The Main street in Sandwich, a town on the river Stour").  The probability of this can be lowered by making sure all images that actually have the River Stour in it have it in Caption and as a Supertag. And you can for further by only putting your Top 3-4 with SuperTag.

in General priority is

Caption +ST

Caption +KW

ST  or Caption only (i have seen both alternating as higher)

KW only

There nay also by some weight to complex KW (so in above search a KW of "River Stour" ranking slightly higher as 2 KW of "river" and "Stour", but i have not seen this conclusively. 

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

You can influence which one will rank higher with your Combination of using the term(s) in the Caption, Super Tag and KW, and making sure more marginal ones that are going to potentially only be used in addition rank lower on their own.    

I generally do some quick validation to make sure it was my best related images that got to the front of searches. 

Nothing more frustration to see that one at top was one where the search words were included on as additional info (eg "The Main street in Sandwich, a town on the river Stour").  The probability of this can be lowered by making sure all images that actually have the River Stour in it have it in Caption and as a Supertag. And you can for further by only putting your Top 3-4 with SuperTag.

in General priority is

Caption +ST

Caption +KW

ST  or Caption only (i have seen both alternating as higher)

KW only

There nay also by some weight to complex KW (so in above search a KW of "River Stour" ranking slightly higher as 2 KW of "river" and "Stour", but i have not seen this conclusively. 

The problem with only putting your Top 3-4 with SuperTag is the customer might think some of my other images were better - if only they had been found.

My philosophy would be to put "River Stour" equally in all my images of the River Stour and let the buyer decide which is best.

The images I think are my best don't always get sold, and the ones that do constantly surprise me.

John.