Please, Idiot needs help.

Gt6s

Hi My name is Laurence Cochrane from Newtownards in Northern Ireland. I have been a member here a while and have submitted pics. For some reason I find I cannot list pics for sale. HEEEEEELLLLLPPPP anyone got a notion what his idiot is doing wrong ???????? Thanks in advance

Hi Laurence,

I also don't sell much compared to others. So someone else can advise you better. But I don't see any answers yet.
When I look at your photos:

• You have to upload a lot more photos. A number of photos look alike. (the same door twice, the same photos in color and without color). So actually there are even fewer different photos.
  • Too few keywords. Keywords are very important to be easy to find among all those other photos. I often look at keywords from similar photos.
Edited by thijsdegraaf

22 hours ago, thijsdegraaf said:

Hi Laurence,

I also don't sell much compared to others. So someone else can advise you better. But I don't see any answers yet.
When I look at your photos:

• You have to upload a lot more photos. A number of photos look alike. (the same door twice, the same photos in color and without color). So actually there are even fewer different photos.
  • Too few keywords. Keywords are very important to be easy to find among all those other photos. I often look at keywords from similar photos.

I know.  Have a load of stuff I consider not fit to view L need to be more descriptive. Get out shoot more.

2 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Also easy with polarizer.  This looks horrible

quaygate-house-2C75A22.jpg

I agree its TOO MUCH.. Funny those shots are IDENTICAL to the architects publicity shots for the said building

41 minutes ago, Gt6s said:

I agree its TOO MUCH.. Funny those shots are IDENTICAL to the architects publicity shots for the said building

Architects don't necessarily know much about photography.   In addition to be underexposed, that sky likely has lot of noise as well.

I also use polarizer a lot & have ruined way too many landscapes before I learned there are times when it is better to take it off.  Besides underexposing, it also makes sky uneven at some cases, depending on sun position (several of your photos have that).  Always take a look at image / histogram after you take a shot;  it will tell you if polarizer was good idea or not

Actually the pic is a really good representation of just how garish this building actually is. Ask those who know the building.. The yellow is intended to represent the local H&W Samson & Goliath cranes but is far more seriously in your face.

20 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Always take a look at image / histogram after you take a shot;  

Mostly back to MF film these days. Rarely use digital now.