That's something I do not understand here!

Studio37

Question

Hello,

It's something I don't understand here about the Commission/charges. I have total sales of $764. But the total payments for me were $122.

This means commission / charges: -627.71 USD! Because no one at Alamy answers this question/perplexity, I ask you what do you think about this?

Anyway, that means over 80% REAL commission/charges here! Why?

Edited by Studio37
Adding the question

10 answers to this question

The question is a little disjointed, but are you saying you had a payment of $122 or showing as $122 due to you against the gross sales of $764? If the former then it may be that the other sales haven't cleared as paid by the customer yet. If the latter then I wouldn't like to guess. 

• Love 1

If you go to Account Balance on your dashboard you will be able to see the commissions that are being taken. If it is a direct sale by Alamy it will be either 50% or 60% depending on whether the image is exclusive to Alamy. If it is a distributor sale the distributor gets 40% snd Alamy gets 30%. There are also affiliate sales and I don't know those exact figures. You will be able to see which sales have cleared (been paid by the buyer). We don't get any money until the sale has cleared.

Paulette

11 hours ago, NYCat said:

I hadn't noticed that Studio37 has been here longer than I have. And no new images added for many years. I thought I was helping a newcomer. Oh well.

Paulette 

I hadn't noticed that either, but perhaps with so few images he hadn't made any sales in that time, until now?

First of all, thank you all for the answers! From the start, you should know that I know the rules for Alamy payments and commissions! I also know that it will take a while (longer or shorter) until the payment is made to Alamy, but folks, however, I'm surprised that none of you did a minimal calculation to see what he tells me NYCat to check (I checked from the beginning!) - Balance of account. Precisely because I checked this, and because before asking here, I asked Alamy several times (without receiving any answer from them!), on all forms of online communication, why this commission of over 80 % when the regulations clearly specify the commissions depending on the situation and that, in any case, are not higher than 70%! However, if you want to do a simple calculation, you will see that a commission of $ -627.71 now charged by Alamy out of the entire amount of $ 764.43 (they payed me only $ -122.52) is more than any specification of them, anywhere. And their commission is higher than 70% in this particular case. And that's what I'm asking you, maybe you'll explain to me why...
Thank you all and excuse me my imperfect English, please.

You can see the screen shot with my balance of account situation here: https://prnt.sc/xu1erh

Edited by Studio37

1 hour ago, Studio37 said:

However, if you want to do a simple calculation, you will see that a commission of $ -627.71 now charged by Alamy out of the entire amount of $ 764.43 (they payed me only $ -122.52) is more than any specification of them, anywhere. And their commission is higher than 70% in this particular case. And that's what I'm asking you, maybe you'll explain to me why...

You can see the screen shot with my balance of account situation here: https://prnt.sc/xu1erh

Totally payment to you is what was payed out, and is not linked to current sales only.  If you did the difference you would see it is not related 

627.71 is Commission and Charges,  do you have any charges in your reconciliation other than commissions?

• Like 1

You are just showing us the summary of one month. If I look at that for myself I see that the total paid to me is zero. Now that is not true. I have actually been paid thousands of dollars over the years. When you look at the detailed account can you not see and understand what is happening? At the top where it says "Please select a time period" put it on "All".

Paulette

On 04/01/2021 at 22:28, Studio37 said:

Hello,

It's something I don't understand here about the Commission/charges. I have total sales of $764. But the total payments for me were $122.

This means commission / charges: -627.71 USD! Because no one at Alamy answers this question/perplexity, I ask you what do you think about this?

Anyway, that means over 80% REAL commission/charges here! Why?

Yes  it looks like a lot of your total amount is not yet cleared / been paid to Alamy yet. By the way $764. is an amazing amount for a port of only 184 images.