An obvious question but I can't seem to find the answer

Hi I am new to Alamy and just learning how to navigate the website.  My first submission failed due to one photo being deemed too soft.  The other 2 passed and are OK to resubmit.  So how do I delete my first test submission and submit a new one replacing the one that failed?  I can't find an option for either deleting the failed photo and uploading a new one or an option to delete the failed test.

22 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You can't delete the failed test, but you don't need to. Just make a new sub.

Yes I have tried to but every time I use the image uploader it seems to try to upload the original 3 test images and I get the message :-

"We are sorry  Unfortunately one or more of your stock photos failed quality control."

This is why I was trying to find a way to delete the offending image and replace it with a good one.  Any suggestions?  I must be doing something wrong!

I go to the image manager and there I see the 3 photos submitted for my test with one rejection.  I then click the Upload button and it takes me to a screen "Choose your upload route" .  I choose Photograph and then click Next button and then I get the "Sorry" message.  So at that point I am stuck! 

26 minutes ago, Collie581 said:

I go to the image manager and there I see the 3 photos submitted for my test with one rejection.  I then click the Upload button and it takes me to a screen "Choose your upload route" .  I choose Photograph and then click Next button and then I get the "Sorry" message.  So at that point I am stuck! 

Hmmm... I'd contact   contributors@alamy.com    to see what's wrong.

For your initial submission, pick three images that are well-exposed and pin-sharp. They don't have to be great pix; they just have to show you're competent...

When I do a new upload, the new images are in a folder on my desktop. In your case, it would have the 2 ok images with the bad one removed and a new image in its place.

You go to the image uploader and when it asks, you choose “photograph”. Then it will automatically choose your last upload by default. This is where you navigate to the folder on your desktop and select the newly created folder. You’ll see your three images. You’ll select them all, then hit “upload”.

Somehow, I think, your trying to upload the same images as before because you’re not deselecting them and selecting the new submission.

By the way, just because QC  chose one of your images as soft and failed it, that doesn’t mean the other two are ok. All it means is that they failed the first image they saw that had something wrong with it, and may or may not have looked at the other two. I learned that early on after joining here. They’d fail one image, and like you, I assumed the others were ok. So I’d delete the failed image and resubmit the rest. Then another would fail out of that same group. I’d usually scrap all of those images and start over, after being penalized and waiting out the penalty time before being able to upload again.

So you need to delete the one they said was soft, then add the replacement. Then look at each image to see if each is sharp, there are no spots in the sky, and are not noisy. Be sure your horizons are straight, the color is good (white balance) and the focus is on the main subject.

It is often recommended by other people on this forum to put your camera on a tripod, take pictures of something simple, say a pan on the stove, a pair of gloves on a table, your mailbox outdoors, the Christmas wreath on your door or anything that is stationary. Keep it simple for those first three.

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

When I do a new upload, the new images are in a folder on my desktop. In your case, it would have the 2 ok images with the bad one removed and a new image in its place.

You go to the image uploader and when it asks, you choose “photograph”. Then it will automatically choose your last upload by default. This is where you navigate to the folder on your desktop and select the newly created folder. You’ll see your three images. You’ll select them all, then hit “upload”.

Somehow, I think, your trying to upload the same images as before because you’re not deselecting them and selecting the new submission.

By the way, just because QC  chose one of your images as soft and failed it, that doesn’t mean the other two are ok. All it means is that they failed the first image they saw that had something wrong with it, and may or may not have looked at the other two. I learned that early on after joining here. They’d fail one image, and like you, I assumed the others were ok. So I’d delete the failed image and resubmit the rest. Then another would fail out of that same group. I’d usually scrap all of those images and start over, after being penalized and waiting out the penalty time before being able to upload again.

So you need to delete the one they said was soft, then add the replacement. Then look at each image to see if each is sharp, there are no spots in the sky, and are not noisy. Be sure your horizons are straight, the color is good (white balance) and the focus is on the main subject.

It is often recommended by other people on this forum to put your camera on a tripod, take pictures of something simple, say a pan on the stove, a pair of gloves on a table, your mailbox outdoors, the Christmas wreath on your door or anything that is stationary. Keep it simple for those first three.

Betty thank you.  Success at last!  Each time it failed I ignored the "Try again" button as I assumed it was just going to try to try to upload the original batch again.  I think that button could be worded clearer or a more detailed note of how to proceed in the event of a rejection was shown.  Anyway thanks for taking the time to make those detailed instructions.

4 hours ago, Collie581 said:

Betty thank you.  Success at last!  Each time it failed I ignored the "Try again" button as I assumed it was just going to try to try to upload the original batch again.  I think that button could be worded clearer or a more detailed note of how to proceed in the event of a rejection was shown.  Anyway thanks for taking the time to make those detailed instructions.

You are absolutely welcome. I’m happy to help, always. There is a lot to learn when starting out and sometimes it’s those little things that can trip you up.