Ed Rooney

Question

7 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Has the location on Optional Page Two become searchable? It seems to be.

It is a 'quirk' of the system (I call it a bug) that it is searchable only in AIM. It is not searchable from the main search box, so not for clients. Unless things have changed.

9 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Has the location on Optional Page Two become searchable? It seems to be.

It's reputed that distributors have a way of searching on that Location field, no way of telling though. Last time I checked (by putting in a misspelt and unique country temporarily for a few days) then it wasn't included in the main search. It has been shown to be the only place that is used when searching in the check-boxes for USA, Europe, UK & Australia on the main search page though. Of course they can change any of this overnight if they want to.

10 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

That's how I discovered this toio, Harry, with a misspelling that was only on page 2 location. I always fill out the optional info.

Sorry Ed, I've been out all day but I realised that it's Categories that are possibly used by distributors, not Location, though I suppose that could be also. I've never understood why Locations shouldn't be searchable on the main site, or why there are only USA, Europe, UK and Australia check-boxes, I can certainly think of a few more that would be handy for the customer.

26 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I've never understood why Locations shouldn't be searchable on the main site,

If memory serves, Alamy disabled the location search because too many studio shots, still life, etc had the location where it was shot in keywords. Buyers were not happy to see a bouquet of flowers when searching for London. As a made up example.

• Love 1