New AI Neural filters in Photoshop

This seems to be drawing a lot of attention, particularly the beta 'Smart Portrait' filter allowing you to use sliders for "Happiness, Surprise, Anger, Facial Age, Gaze, Hair Thickness, Head Direction, and Light Direction".

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-list-and-faq.html

Less headline-grabbing but perhaps more interesting/unsettling for Alamy contributors are the beta 'Super-Zoom' and 'Jpeg artifacts removal' filters which could be used to aid in upsizing low-res images.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

This seems to be drawing a lot of attention, particularly the beta 'Smart Portrait' filter allowing you to use sliders for "Happiness, Surprise, Anger, Facial Age, Gaze, Hair Thickness, Head Direction, and Light Direction".

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/neural-filters-list-and-faq.html

Less headline-grabbing but perhaps more interesting/unsettling for Alamy contributors are the beta 'Super-Zoom' and 'Jpeg artifacts removal' filters which could be used to aid in upsizing low-res images.

I'm still wrapping my head around some of the new upgrades but I will be definitely looking like a young pup in my profile pic soon🤣

12 hours ago, Rico said:

I'm still wrapping my head around some of the new upgrades but I will be definitely looking like a young pup in my profile pic soon🤣

Are you getting a new set of teeth? Your lips are folding over in your avatar. 😉

42 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Are you getting a new set of teeth? Your lips are folding over in your avatar. 😉

That might be a good idea but false teeth are expensive. I'll just wear my covid mask for now

• Love 1

The filter for reducing camera shake works very well if the problem was camera shake.   The Super Zoom can only do so much (I had a long distance shot of a black bear eating pawpaws or something and didn't get anything usable really).   Might do better if it doesn't zoom too much.   The basic face clean up one that's out of beta seems to work fine.   Haven't tried the replace sky one yet as that seems a bit of a fraud in some ways.  Might be fun to replace a rainy cloudy sky with brilliant sunlight and blue but leave the wet in.   Didn't play with Smart Portrait much. 

• Like 1

I recently tried the sky replacement edit and the only word I can use to describe this is "awesome" 😍

PS, the facial age filter doesn't work on dawgs. Things just got weird. Maybe in the next update in Photoshop they will fix this😄

28 minutes ago, Rico said:

I recently tried the sky replacement edit and the only word I can use to describe this is "awesome" 

I just tried it and for one of my Seneca Rocks shots, it certainly did add considerable pop with a blue sky with cumulus clouds against the gray rocks, rather than one gray against other darker gray. 

45 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

I just tried it and for one of my Seneca Rocks shots, it certainly did add considerable pop with a blue sky with cumulus clouds against the gray rocks, rather than one gray against other darker gray. 

There is a number of good YouTube videos on this. My favorite is this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ognLpUNLDwM&t=1s

It shows how to clean up the sky layer mask using the brush tool in overlay mode. 

I've used this method before and it really does a great job

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2020 at 18:31, Rico said:

I recently tried the sky replacement edit and the only word I can use to describe this is "awesome" 😍

Yes I just tried it too in the latest PS CC. It's really impressive. Really quick and did a great job around the edges and the skies provided are easy to use.

Mmmm... presumably there are no copyright issues with selling images with "Adobe" skies??

I wonder if lots of images will start to appear with identical skies??

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

16 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Yes I just tried it too in the latest PS CC. It's really impressive. Really quick and did a great job around the edges and the skies provided are easy to use.

Mmmm... presumably there are no copyright issues with selling images with "Adobe" skies??

I wonder if lots of images will start to apear with identical skies??

Mark

You can use your own images to add to the sky library. Below the sky thumbnails list click on the button with the little plus sign then select any image you want to use, which is then added to the sky list.  

Note to self - photograph lots of skies!

Edited by Vincent Lowe
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

I wonder if lots of images will start to apear with identical skies??

Mark

I realized that I could call any number of graphic weirdnesses a sky -- and am curious about creating fish swimming in a sky or dragons flying, or whatever else.  Did try the blue sky against a roof running off spouts of water and a street full of water.   Someone already did a fake video of a giant Jesus descending through clouds.