Doubts ... more doubts and doubts

Jose Decio Molaro

Question

Hello from Brazil, I am sending photos and exploring Alamy, I’ve recently been here I have some doubts, if you can help.
1) How do I send Editorial photos always published quickly, since it is normal to be in QC?
2) In the list of photos need, there are some requests where products, shampoo and others appear, how to send if they have visible and registered marks?
3) As I am in Brazil, our language is very different from the rest of the world, in case of photographing a product the packaging will be in Brazilian Portuguese ... does this have any problems?

4 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Hello from Brazil, I am sending photos and exploring Alamy, I’ve recently been here I have some doubts, if you can help.
1) How do I send Editorial photos always published quickly, since it is normal to be in QC?
2) In the list of photos need, there are some requests where products, shampoo and others appear, how to send if they have visible and registered marks?
3) As I am in Brazil, our language is very different from the rest of the world, in case of photographing a product the packaging will be in Brazilian Portuguese ... does this have any problems?

1) I think that you might be referring to news photos, in which case you can apply for access to live news.  There is some information here.

2) Regarding ordinary editorial images that contain registered trademarks, etc., all you need to do is specify in the Alamy Image Manager (AIM) that the images contain property and that you don't have property releases. You can also mark them as "editorial use only" if you like by checking the appropriate box in AIM.

3) You're correct about Brazilian Portuguese, I tried to learn some a number of years ago. I thought it would be easy for me because I speak a reasonable amount of Spanish, but I was wrong. Portuguese is a very difficult language, especially the pronunciation. I love listening to it, though. As far as product packaging in Brazilian Portuguese goes, Alamy has distributors in Brazil, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, as you probably know, image prices in Brazil tend to be very low (in my experience anyway).

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Do you mean live news pictures rather than editorial? If so you have to request live news access which means filling in a form. They are very strict about the format and content of captions and other metadata.

I see John has replied so I will stop there,

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MDM said:

Do you mean live news pictures rather than editorial? If so you have to request live news access which means filling in a form. They are very strict about the format and content of captions and other metadata.

i will add however, that if you have a one time specific news item. you can write directly to the news desk for them to open it up.  I did a couple of times before they gave me full access.

formatting point would still be applicable. 

• Thanks 1