having another go..

Hi guys I am having another go at this site.. I did join a few years ago but didn't have much time to upload many images so therefore  never sold one image.. But I have a lot more time on my hands and need a few bob..Ha...

I only put them on last night but they are still in QC so I will wait and see how things go before I go hunting my ex/drives for more to upload....I will say HI to you all and hope I am lucky enough for my images to pass the QC...

Barbara  :-)

You've already been through the routine successfully before. Refresh your memory with the excellent Alamy guide for contributors, find your balance again, push the pedals round, gain speed and soon you'll be gliding smoothly through the QC process, without wobbling or falling off.

Welcome back and Good Luck.

K.

Thanks for the welcome and  taking the time Kris.. I think I have wobbled on 2 postings.. I went through the pics I have posted and found 2 have a little mark on them .. yes I should have known better. " Big Mistake"  . I posted 9 pics in all now I realize I should have just posted 2 or 3 just to find my feet and get them through QC...well now I will just have to wait and see if any get passed .. I would like to delete them all and start again but that is not an option, or is it...Is there any way i could delete my new postings..?? 

Barbara

Hi Barbara! Welcome. :)

The other discussion would suggest that once images are submitted they cannot be changed/deleted till they pass QC.

Hope they pass!

Regards

Kumar

Alamy locked a thread so I couldn't explain further! They did not delete my image which I had uploaded in error. It went through and was deleted immediately afterwards by me. Also, it was not a matter of just being doubtful about an image, it was a matter of accidentally uploading something which should not have been sent.

QC does not guarantee to catch poor files - you can have a batch pass which includes failures, if they don't check them, and they only check selected images. However in my experience they have been extremely good at spotting which images to check and my past failures have included faults I could barely see but were certainly there once pointed out.

So being doubtful about a batch is not a huge worry, it may go through anyway, and you can then delete anything you are unhappy to have submitted.

It's encouraging to know that QC is human like the rest of us. I don't always agree 100% with their verdicts, but they definitely have made me look at my images more closely. If something faulty does slip through, it's usually no biggie. Most technical oversights are small, and IME photo-buyers tend not to be extreme pixel-peekers (far from it, actually).

Well guys .. I did mail the managers.. and they have just mailed me.. saying all my images passed QC.. so the panic is over... thanks everyone for taking the time to answer...and for the advice...  :-)  :D

Now got to keyword them .. only 12 so that's not too bad...

cheers  Barbara 

Archived