Hi everyone! I'm new to Alamy and super happy to be part of this community...

Ana Sedano

I'm very aware that I might not make any money for a long time, but being here makes me feel a little bit more professional.. and I love it! :-).

I have a question for the more experienced members:

Do you export your images with all the metadata? I did that for the first 3 test images and they passed the QC but I submitted a few more images  (my first submission, yuhuuuu...) a couple of days ago and have just realised that I used my Lightroom export preset that only includes the copyright and contact info. Will that be an issue? The images appear in the Alamy Image Manager as pending QC. Not sure if I should delete them and re upload them with all the exif or wait for the result.. What would you do?

Thank you

Ana

• Love 2

Welcome, Ana, and congratulations on getting your first images accepted. I always export images with EXIF data, but I don't think it's essential. There is no way to delete images from the QC queue, so you'll have to wait and see.

• Love 1

On 13/08/2020 at 15:41, Ana Sedano said:

I'm very aware that I might not make any money for a long time, but being here makes me feel a little bit more professional.. and I love it! :-).

I have a question for the more experienced members:

Do you export your images with all the metadata? I did that for the first 3 test images and they passed the QC but I submitted a few more images  (my first submission, yuhuuuu...) a couple of days ago and have just realised that I used my Lightroom export preset that only includes the copyright and contact info. Will that be an issue? The images appear in the Alamy Image Manager as pending QC. Not sure if I should delete them and re upload them with all the exif or wait for the result.. What would you do?

Thank you

Ana

Hi Ana, Welcome, I hope it works out for you.  Be persistent and patient and don't be deterred. You will need to upload photos that people want on a consistent basis. IMO Alamy are one of the good guys and offer decent returns.

• Love 1

Thanks guys for the welcome messages and your advice, much appreciated :)

In regards to my question about the metadata I got my batch of images approved today 😃, so that confirms that exporting with all EXIF data is not essential. My next challenge is taking/uploading lots more relevant images,  make them discoverable and having fun in the process!

So far I'm loving the Alamy system. 

Have a good weekend x

Hi Ana, good to have you with us. I think I read somewhere in a past thread that Alamy strip out the EXIF data, so I don’t think you need to have any concern whether or not you complete that information.

I don’t claim to be an expert, but if you intend to use the images elsewhere or online, it may be best to include at least the copyright info.

Hope things go well for you.

Edited by Dave Richards
  • Love 1

On 14/08/2020 at 16:12, Ana Sedano said:

Thanks guys for the welcome messages and your advice, much appreciated :)

In regards to my question about the metadata I got my batch of images approved today 😃, so that confirms that exporting with all EXIF data is not essential. My next challenge is taking/uploading lots more relevant images,  make them discoverable and having fun in the process!

So far I'm loving the Alamy system. 

Have a good weekend x

I wouldn't worry too much about making them discoverable. Just tag your images with relevant keywords, even if it's only half a dozen - too many non relevant ones will harm your ranking.

John.

• Love 1

ohh..thank you Chuck, I really appreciate your feedback 🙂🙃🙂.  I like your images too, your portfolio is quite impressive! 

BTW not sure how to reply to your message and I think this reply will be seen by everyone? Still learning...

4 hours ago, Ana Sedano said:

ohh..thank you Chuck, I really appreciate your feedback 🙂🙃🙂.  I like your images too, your portfolio is quite impressive! 

BTW not sure how to reply to your message and I think this reply will be seen by everyone? Still learning...

I am easy to contact directly.  Currently have several .coms and my zenfolio page gives you my direct email.

Happy to try to answer any questions that you have.

Best,

Chuck

• Love 1