Short Sony to M42 adapter

Bryan

Question

I'm after a Sony bayonet to M42 adapter that is considerably shorter than that required to mount standard  M42 lenses on my E mount a6500. I want it to connect an existing set of M42 bellows to the camera.

Just wondering is the Alpha A mount bayonet dimensionally the same as the E mount, as that adapter is very short and would do the trick? 

5 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I'm after a Sony bayonet to M42 adapter that is considerably shorter than that required to mount standard  M42 lenses on my E mount a6500. I want it to connect an existing set of M42 bellows to the camera.

Just wondering is the Alpha A mount bayonet dimensionally the same as the E mount, as that adapter is very short and would do the trick? 

They're different dimensions unfortunately:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00095005

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bryan said:

What you're looking for is called an Ultra Slim M42-NEX Mount Adapter.

($3 on Ebay or even less on Aliexpress)

wim

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I believe that the Alpha A bayonet mount does not have the same dimensions. Unfortunately, I've sold all my A-mount lenses, so I can't verify this. 🙁

• Love 1