RM vs RF ?

Louno

Question

Hi,

I am new to Alamy, is RM or RF option better?
The other stock agencies i've used didnt have this option and it is selected by default at Alamy... I saw some say RM is better on older forum posts, should I switch my images to RM?

Thanks

Edited by Louno
fix title mistake

6 answers to this question

Based on what people say it seems like RM is the way to go for Alamy... 

4 hours ago, george said:

My understanding is that you can not have them as RM here if you have them as RF somewhere else. So if they are RF elsewhere, like one of the micros, they must be RF here

I see, then I guess I have no choice but to leave them as RF since I also sell them with other stock agencies... I'm wondering about something though... normally i take several pictures of the same subject in different angle / lighting / background and then I upload only a few of the best ones, would it be ok if I take one of the unpublished photo and upload it as RM , considering the photo would be very similar to other ones that are RF, maybe just a slight variation of elements in the photo or camera angle etc...

Edited by Louno

What Alamy says:

Different versions of the same image

Similar versions of the same image that are available on other licencing platforms can’t be marked as exclusive (i.e. B&W, different crop, or slight adjustments). However, images that are from the same shoot, but shot from a different angle or the model is posing differently, is considered a different image and can be marked as exclusive if that particular shot is not available elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Sally said:

What Alamy says:

Different versions of the same image

Similar versions of the same image that are available on other licencing platforms can’t be marked as exclusive (i.e. B&W, different crop, or slight adjustments). However, images that are from the same shoot, but shot from a different angle or the model is posing differently, is considered a different image and can be marked as exclusive if that particular shot is not available elsewhere.

It's not exactly about exclusivity, as far as I understand... nonetheless, I am guessing that the same rule for RM would apply. Thanks.