Copyright

BuddyL

Question

I'm fairly new to Lightroom, and Alamy restrictions.

My question: 

I'm just looking at Lightroom workflow on YouTube. The first thing when you import an image (according to Mr YouTube man) is to open the metadata box and put `your name` in the box marked `Preset Name`.

Then move down to the section marked IPTC Copyright and enter `your name` and click the box below to read `Copyrighted`.

Will this be acceptable to Alamy? The other boxes are `Unknown` and `Public Domain`, should I use any of the three options or should I just leave it blank.

Sorry that's a bit of a long winded question and any help would be much appreciated

5 answers to this question

It doesn't matter what you put in- Alamy removes the metadata anyway. I have a preset to add it to exports anyway, and just change the year. But I don't add "copyrighted"- copyright is automatic.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

Hi Spacecadet

Many thanks for the info. 

If I attach keywords in Lightroom do Alamy also remove these and should I attach keywords when I am first submitting before the image has passed QC?

52 minutes ago, BuddyL said:

Hi Spacecadet

Many thanks for the info. 

If I attach keywords in Lightroom do Alamy also remove these and should I attach keywords when I am first submitting before the image has passed QC?

Attach keywords in LR by all means. In fact It is recommended as the keywords remain with the images and are used by Alamy. Saves having to keyword in AIM except for any small changes or additions you want to add later.

When we are talking "Keywords" we understand this to mean "Tagging" also.

Allan