Jump to content
Andrea Mori

Hello from Torino, Italy

Recommended Posts

Hi!

I am an amateur photographer living in Torino, Italy,

I started uploading pictures on Alamy just a few days ago. I only have about a dozen at this point, but I plan to have more in a not too long time;  the figure should get to the several hundreds eventually. My idea is to upload the pictures that have no "fine arts" ambitions and I would have no plans to sell otherwise.

Please feel free to visit either my webpage (link in my profile) or my Alamy uploads and leave your opinion on my work.

All suggestions to make my Alamy experience more rewarding are warmly welcomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciao, Andrea

 

When I clicked your blue number (13) I see only three images. Nicely composed but they look underexposed, dark and uninviting to me. Several hundred digital images these days is nothing. With Alamy, you are playing a long game and you will need thousands of images. 

 

Edo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ten more of your images have gone live now and I see you have a "fine art" eye. Lovely pictures. It is generally thought that bright and colorful sell best here -- for travel books and articles-- but I think there is room for more approaches too. Hope you have good fortune here.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Ciao, Andrea

 

When I clicked your blue number (13) I see only three images. Nicely composed but they look underexposed, dark and uninviting to me. Several hundred digital images these days is nothing. With Alamy, you are playing a long game and you will need thousands of images. 

 

Edo

 

Hi Edo,

thanks for your comment.

I do photography in my spare time and uploading thousands of pictures will take me some time! But maybe I'll reach that level one day.

 

Best,

Andrea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYCat said:

Ten more of your images have gone live now and I see you have a "fine art" eye. Lovely pictures. It is generally thought that bright and colorful sell best here -- for travel books and articles-- but I think there is room for more approaches too. Hope you have good fortune here.

 

Paulette

Hi Paulette,

thanks for your comment.

I am indeed mostly interested in the "fine arts" side of photography. In fact most of my production is black&white.

I will have to adjust to what are the trends here, but as for now I am not in a rush to sell so I'll take my time to learn.

 

Best,

Andrea

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand, Andrea. Basically, if you want to get involved with stock, it would be helpful if you understand the limitations and frustrations. It took about a year before I had my first sale. 

 

Try to stay healthy. I still have some friends in Italy and I'm worried about them. 

 

Edo

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I understand, Andrea. Basically, if you want to get involved with stock, it would be helpful if you understand the limitations and frustrations. It took about a year before I had my first sale. 

 

Try to stay healthy. I still have some friends in Italy and I'm worried about them. 

 

Edo

 

As I said, until retirement photography will be a hobby, so I'm in no rush to monetize.

Thanks for your wishes, Edo. The situation in Italy looks grim but our large number of infected is mainly due to our policy of testing all people that came in close contact with previously infected people, whereas other European nations have chosen to test only people that show symptoms. Fact is that there's a large number of people that get infected and never show symptoms so the number of infected in, say, France and Germany may be grossly underestimated. I am afraid that soon the situation in other countries will get as bad.

Luckily this beast doesn't seem too dangerous, but the real problem is the health care system getting overloaded. The next couple of weeks will be decisive.

Best,

Andrea

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andrea, spent some time in beautiful Italy a couple of years ago. A wonderful country. I'm also new here, it will be interesting to see how we go. Love your spartan B&W architecture and 'underground' shots I found on your website. Cheers, Kent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andrea and welcome.

Whilst you are in the early stages I would suggest some of your captions need attention since they don't really describe what is in the image. Check out the Alamy blogs on captioning and key wording. If you get that right before you upload a lot of images it will save you a lot of corrective work in the future and will help to make your pictures more discoverable.

Best wishes for a successful future with Alamy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2020 at 13:42, Dave Richards said:

Hi Andrea and welcome.

Whilst you are in the early stages I would suggest some of your captions need attention since they don't really describe what is in the image. Check out the Alamy blogs on captioning and key wording. If you get that right before you upload a lot of images it will save you a lot of corrective work in the future and will help to make your pictures more discoverable.

Best wishes for a successful future with Alamy.

 

Hello David,

thanks for the tip about the captions.

I like my captions to be a bit allusive and metaphoric, but I guess that in an environment like Alamy a factual description is more apt.

 

Best, Andrea

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.