Upload dialogue screen

geogphotos

With the changes made to exclusivity and public domain images clearly acceptable would it be sensible to make some changes to the upload screen. 

We can set defaults but what about boxes for images which are not the default in term of exclusivity/public domain.

It is all too easy to have 'Exclusive' set as default and to upload non-exclusive images which you then forget to change to no-Ex in AIM.

Also if uploading images from the public domain could this be declared on the Upload page so that there is no chance of any mistakes. 

This means the contributor actually having to make declarations rather than relying on memory. That would likely help Alamy make these policies work.

I realise that this may not be technically possible - I guess it would depend on this information being transferred from the Upload screen to the appropriate tick boxes in AIM.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 14:26, geogphotos said:

With the changes made to exclusivity and public domain images clearly acceptable would it be sensible to make some changes to the upload screen. 

We can set defaults but what about boxes for images which are not the default in term of exclusivity/public domain.

It is all too easy to have 'Exclusive' set as default and to upload non-exclusive images which you then forget to change to no-Ex in AIM.

Also if uploading images from the public domain could this be declared on the Upload page so that there is no chance of any mistakes. 

This means the contributor actually having to make declarations rather than relying on memory. That would likely help Alamy make these policies work.

I realise that this may not be technically possible - I guess it would depend on this information being transferred from the Upload screen to the appropriate tick boxes in AIM.

Good ideas Ian, thanks. We've considered setting up similar options "pre-upload" in the past but have always moved against it because we want to keep the process simple, however I think there's merit in this and we'll revisit for a future update.

Best,

James A

On 19/12/2019 at 05:31, Marianne said:

Since some images go on sale as soon as they are accepted, having boxes to tick on up0load wouldn't be a bad idea. Good thought Ian. Thanks for listening James. 

I agree with Marianne's comment. Images with a caption go on sale automatically often before I get the chance to assign pseudo or do the tick boxes for exclusivity etc.

At times I have felt that I'd like to be able to have control over when an image goes live.