Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Betty LaRue

Exclusive share

Question

I have a PU sale for $14.99. It is an exclusive RM image. Alamy have taken $8.47. My share should be $7.50 instead of $6.52.

I realize I’m splitting hairs, but fair is fair. I have made an inquiry to Alamy. The temptation was to let it slide, and I actually did for a bit, then realized I need to hold Alamy accountable. I’ll be embarrassed if they have a legitimate reason, but inquiring minds want to know.

 

Mainly curious if this is a one-off or if any of you are seeing these mistakes in your own licenses.

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

And if its not an a distributor sale it could be an affiliate sale ~ they've caught me out recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What do you think?
 

DetailsAmount

EM9HPGowl-7552Betty LaRue01 December 2019Rights ManagedCountry: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 01 December 2019
End: 01 December 2024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

What do you think?
 

DetailsAmount

EM9HPGowl-7552Betty LaRue01 December 2019Rights ManagedCountry: Worldwide
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 01 December 2019
End: 01 December 2024

look under 'account balance' it will give you the percentage split

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Ah, yes. Affiliate. My first one, why I was confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ah, yes. Affiliate. My first one, why I was confused.

 

Seems to be a lot more of these coming through in 2019 ~ I only started getting them after I dropped distributor sales :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I know what affiliates are, but what exactly is an "affiliate sale" and how does the "affiliate commission" work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello John,

 

The affiliate commisions are detailed in our contract: https://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor.aspx

 

In Alamy Commision Table you can read the Alamy Affiliate Commission:

Exclusive images             56.5% (43.5% to Alamy, 10% to Affiliate, 3% to affiliate provider)

Non-Exclusive images     65.2% (52.2% to Alamy, 10% to Affiliate, 3% to affiliate provider)

...so the rest is for us. Just as Betty detailed in the OP.

 

Hope that helps.

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 15/12/2019 at 14:14, John Mitchell said:

I know what affiliates are, but what exactly is an "affiliate sale" and how does the "affiliate commission" work?

When a buyer is directed to Alamy.com from another website (the affiliate), Alamy calls this an affiliate sale and the contributor receives less than 50%, despite the fact that the sale is made at Alamy.com. For this reason I've opposed this commission split since the day I saw that it had been changed. You may recall that it was one thing when announced, and another after a quiet change. I had put a "creative" on my website (to be an affiliate) but removed it after the change. There doesn't seem to be a way to opt-out, so contributors have to accept less than 50% for these sales made thru Alamy.com. 

Edited by KevinS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 minutes ago, KevinS said:

When a buyer is directed to Alamy.com from another website (the affiliate), Alamy calls this an affiliate sale and the contributor receives less that 50%, despite the fact that the sale is made at Alamy.com. For this reason I've opposed this commission split since the day I saw that it had been changed. You may recall that it was one thing when announced, and another after a quiet change. I had put a "creative" on my website (to be an affiliate) but removed it after the change. There doesn't seem to be a way to opt-out, so contributors have to accept less than 50% for these sales made thru Alamy.com. 

 

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it was something like that. So I guess this means an additional 10% is shaved off our share with affiliate sales?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 15/12/2019 at 16:13, John Mitchell said:

 

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it was something like that. So I guess this means an additional 10% is shaved off our share with affiliate sales?

Actually, 13% off sales price. 10% to affiliate, 3% to Rakuten, who provides the service.

Alamy Commission Table

Alamy Commission models, rates, fees and payment Current model
Alamy Blue
Exclusive Images Non-exclusive Images
Alamy CommissionFor sales through www.alamy.com 50% 60%
Alamy Distribution CommissionFor sales through our Distributors 70%(30% to Alamy, 40% to the Distributor) 70%(30% to Alamy, 40% to the Distributor)
Alamy Novel Use CommissionFor sales through Novel Use 50% 60%
Alamy Footage CommissionFor footage sales 50% 60%
Alamy Affiliate Commission 56.5%(43.5% to Alamy, 10% to Affiliate,3% to affiliate provider) 65.2%(52.2% to Alamy, 10% to Affiliate,3% to affiliate provider)
Edited by KevinS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, KevinS said:

Actually, 13% off sales price. 10% to affiliate, 3% to Rakuten, who provides the service.

Alamy Commission Table

Alamy Commission models, rates, fees and payment Current model
Alamy Blue
Exclusive Images Non-exclusive Images
Alamy CommissionFor sales through www.alamy.com 50% 60%
Alamy Distribution CommissionFor sales through our Distributors 70%(30% to Alamy, 40% to the Distributor) 70%(30% to Alamy, 40% to the Distributor)
Alamy Novel Use CommissionFor sales through Novel Use 50% 60%
Alamy Footage CommissionFor footage sales 50% 60%
Alamy Affiliate Commission 56.5%(43.5% to Alamy, 10% to Affiliate,3% to affiliate provider) 65.2%(52.2% to Alamy, 10% to Affiliate,3% to affiliate provider)

 

Thanks for the clarification and the math. I had no idea what "affiliate provider" meant. I believe that I've had a couple of these types of sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.