Using DSLR Camera still says Unsuitable Camera

Fayaz

Have a read of this guide and all documents it links to

That should give you a comprehensive overview of suitable cameras and the QA process.

Following these guides you can judge yourself if the images that your camera produces are suitable for Alamy. 

It can also be the lens you are currently using on the dslr body. 

I have an old Canon 10mpix entry level dslr. 

With the kit lens it will not produce acceptable results, never ever. 

But if I use it with a suitably good 50 or 80mm lens it produces pictures that are good to submit. 

On 01/12/2019 at 05:02, Fayaz said:

Im new for the Alamy. I have submited some photos to Alamy. It says Unsuitable Camera. But I'm using a Cannon DSLR camera.

Why still my images are rejected? 

Perhaps you could tell us which model of Canon it is?

Alan

53 minutes ago, hdh said:

I have an old Canon 10mpix entry level dslr. 

With the kit lens it will not produce acceptable results, never ever. 

But if I use it with a suitably good 50 or 80mm lens it produces pictures that are good to submit. 

I've always used kit lenses. More MP though, 14, then 16, now 20.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I've always used kit lenses. More MP though, 14, then 16, now 20.

This is really an old Canon 400D from 2006 I was talking about.

10.1 Mpix sensor,  not any the best, add a kit lens to the equation, and the results are not generally usable for Alamy

(at least that is the case with the few photos I have done with the 18-55 kit back in 2006).

Was not trying to say that kit lenses in general would be rubbish. 

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, hdh said:

This is really an old Canon 400D from 2006 I was talking about.

10.1 Mpix sensor,  not any the best, add a kit lens to the equation, and the results are not generally usable for Alamy

(at least that is the case with the few photos I have done with the 18-55 kit back in 2006).

Was not trying to say that kit lenses in general would be rubbish. 

Fair enough, Sonys here.

I think the 400D should make it through QC if you're careful, but the earliest 18-55 lens wasn't that good so that might be the problem. The more recent versions are sharper than they have a right to be at the price. The last 18-55 I had before I switched to MFT was sharper in the corners at f8 than the 24-105 Mk1 was at f8 on a full-frame. But designing for smaller sensors is easier. And by being careful I mean keeping the ISO low and not pushing up the shadows much, or the noise will kill it for you.

By the way, this thread should be in the QC and Tech forum.

12 hours ago, TABan said:

I think the 400D should make it through QC if you're careful, but the earliest 18-55 lens wasn't that good so that might be the problem. The more recent versions are sharper than they have a right to be at the price. The last 18-55 I had before I switched to MFT was sharper in the corners at f8 than the 24-105 Mk1 was at f8 on a full-frame. But designing for smaller sensors is easier. And by being careful I mean keeping the ISO low and not pushing up the shadows much, or the noise will kill it for you.

By the way, this thread should be in the QC and Tech forum.

But is not the camera that the OP uses. I have successfully submitted pictures made with that cam. 

The OP has been a bit absent, since the initial post.