I purchased a Canon EOS M kit a couple of months ago as a lightweight, go anywhere, piece of equipment. Personally, it has everything I need from this sort of kit with a whole host of programme options plus manual and video. Lens is sharp and picture quality excellent, is on the Alamy 'list' and has no problem with QC.

In the UK it cost me £398. It's small and light and easier to carry around than my 5D!

Jim.

I purchased a Canon EOS M kit a couple of months ago as a lightweight, go anywhere, piece of equipment. Personally, it has everything I need from this sort of kit with a whole host of programme options plus manual and video. Lens is sharp and picture quality excellent, is on the Alamy 'list' and has no problem with QC.

In the UK it cost me £398. It's small and light and easier to carry around than my 5D!

Jim.

How does this camera perform in low light? I've read that the focus is slow. Do you notice this? Firmware updates fix this perhaps?

L

Linda, I mostly do landscapes so whatever camera I use its usually perched on a tripod - my hand holding is abysmal! In this respect I can't say I've noticed that speed of focus is slow or a problem. Regarding low light, I did use it for fun on one evening a couple of weeks ago in a circus tent - I put it on Sport mode and set the ISO to 1600 and the images were acceptable - grain not as much as I thought but the highlights burnt out a little due to the high contrast between dark and light in the tent. I've yet to try it for low light landscaping. :)

Jim.  

Archived