Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
JaniMarkus Hasa

Why delays?

Question

My image was published in a newspaper two days ago. Sale however is not shown on my dashboard. I understand that such delays can be even months. What causes the delays between image being published and sale being shown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Because newspapers, magazines and other publishers have credit accounts where they report usage to Alamy according to their contract

with Alamy they then have extended credit terms which usually works out a paying quarterly.

 

This is normal practice for Alamy, you'll need to check if the image shows as a sale over the next few months and if it doesn't

then email contributor support with the image reference (ID) and the newspaper name and publication date.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

My image was published in a newspaper two days ago. Sale however is not shown on my dashboard. I understand that such delays can be even months. What causes the delays between image being published and sale being shown?

 

Just out of interest, how did you know it had been sold. Ashamed to admit I rarely buy a paper, and would probably buy the 'wrong' one in any case (!)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, BidC said:

 

Just out of interest, how did you know it had been sold. Ashamed to admit I rarely buy a paper, and would probably buy the 'wrong' one in any case (!)

A friend of mine posted a link to the news article on facebook. I immediately recognized that the image in the link was mine. I suppose that would be the case with everybody involved with photography.

 

Funny thing; absolutely nobody I know has mention about seeing my name under the picture, although they've read the article. It just goes to show that normal people don't read photo credits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

It just goes to show that normal people don't read photo credits.

 

Yes, only photographers read images 'sideways'...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

And lucky to get a Credit most of the time.  Well done for the sale and here's to the next one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

A friend of mine posted a link to the news article on facebook. I immediately recognized that the image in the link was mine. I suppose that would be the case with everybody involved with photography.

 

Funny thing; absolutely nobody I know has mention about seeing my name under the picture, although they've read the article. It just goes to show that normal people don't read photo credits.

 

Or maybe they didn't quote you ? I've had usage where my name doesn't appear. Regarding the image - you're right. Its quite amazing isn't it how we instantly recognise 'our own' (as a previous children's nurse, these things always amaze me :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.