Why delays?

JaniMarkus Hasa

Question

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

My image was published in a newspaper two days ago. Sale however is not shown on my dashboard. I understand that such delays can be even months. What causes the delays between image being published and sale being shown?

Just out of interest, how did you know it had been sold. Ashamed to admit I rarely buy a paper, and would probably buy the 'wrong' one in any case (!)

5 hours ago, BidC said:

Just out of interest, how did you know it had been sold. Ashamed to admit I rarely buy a paper, and would probably buy the 'wrong' one in any case (!)

A friend of mine posted a link to the news article on facebook. I immediately recognized that the image in the link was mine. I suppose that would be the case with everybody involved with photography.

Funny thing; absolutely nobody I know has mention about seeing my name under the picture, although they've read the article. It just goes to show that normal people don't read photo credits.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

A friend of mine posted a link to the news article on facebook. I immediately recognized that the image in the link was mine. I suppose that would be the case with everybody involved with photography.

Funny thing; absolutely nobody I know has mention about seeing my name under the picture, although they've read the article. It just goes to show that normal people don't read photo credits.

Or maybe they didn't quote you ? I've had usage where my name doesn't appear. Regarding the image - you're right. Its quite amazing isn't it how we instantly recognise 'our own' (as a previous children's nurse, these things always amaze me :) )