Portfolio Critique

joachim affeldt

Hello Joachim, had a quick look. Nice broad collection of colourful pictures that record the  place.  The commercial appeal will be limited by some of the converging verticals. ALAMY has a curated collection of architecture pictures which show when it works far better than I can describe. Go to your dashboard, bottom left - browse by category. then hit architecture.

I've not looked at the captions, others here are better at that than me.

Cheers.

Edited by Mr Standfast
captions

Hi Joachim, some nice pictures and a nice variety!

+1 to Mr Standfast, you have a lot of pictures with converging verticals (lines that should be vertical are not so a lot of your buildings look like they're leaning). This is an easy fix in Lightroom or Photoshop. I guess English is not your first language? There is the odd spelling mistake, but probably not enough to worry about.

Good luck,

Steve

• 2 months later...
On 03/09/2019 at 00:38, joachim affeldt said:

Would anybody like to comment on my collection of photos ?? --  Thanks in avance --

Hey Joachim,

I see you have over 1500 pics now in about half a year. I took a look at the first couple of pages. The lighting and colors are good, and subject matter has good variety.

How are your sales? I am curious. I've been slow on uploading and have under 200 photos in about the same time as you, 1 sale only so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Some interesting and varied shots, suspect that you will get some sales. 

A few concerns, the photos of oil paintings, a very dodgy area, not sure of the legality but doesn't Alamy recommend that you should only include these subjects within a broader context, e.g. somebody looking at the picture? Some contributors have lots of art in their collections but maybe they have negotiated a deal with their sources?

It's good to see that you appear to have work related images, people making or repairing equipment, but I would be inclined to get in closer to show their hands or faces and precisely what they are doing.

Re converging verticals, it doesn't have to be a killer, I've wide angle shots with very obvious convergence that have sold.

Finally, and it's a comment that I often make here, some of your shots look rather dark to me, but I'm currently using a tablet and not a calibrated monitor.

Hope that helps!