Gone over 150

Sharah

I don’t think images peddling sex will sell much here. On top of that, you are using models, with no model releases. Why not get the release? While I don’t thing those images are very marketable in Alamy’s venue, you’d have a better chance with model releases.

The rest are ok, but always ask yourself before taking the shot, “why would someone license this image and for what usage?” If you can’t think of anything, don’t upload it. 

For instance, I have a few shots of seniors walking their dogs. The concepts would be

exercise

senior

retirement

retiree

pet

senior walking dog

companionship

health

healthy

enjoyment

walking for exercise

fitness

Think of things like that when you choose your subject. 

Betty

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Thanks Betty for taking the time to look at my portfolio. Great point about the model releases. My older work is glamour which are the ones that look like are "peddling sex". I didn't think it hurts to include them. 

Your explanation for coming up with the concepts will certainly help me when picking new photos to upload.

Thanks again

Steve

8 hours ago, Sharah said:

Thanks Betty for taking the time to look at my portfolio. Great point about the model releases. My older work is glamour which are the ones that look like are "peddling sex". I didn't think it hurts to include them. 

Your explanation for coming up with the concepts will certainly help me when picking new photos to upload.

Thanks again

Steve

There are some searches for topless woman and topless man.  See what else is available for licensing on Alamy and what they look like.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sharah said:

I didn't think it hurts to include them. 

Steve, this in itself is an issue. Each image you post has an effect on your Alamy rank and those glam images will certainly drag it down. At minimum, move them to a separate pseudonym so they don't ruin the sales potential of the rest of your collection.

Yes indeed. I do my best with moderately tight editing and images that make commercial or editorial sense. If I can't imagine it competing with the images I see in publications that I myself read, I would hesitate to post it. I don't know what it's like in the rest of the world, but here in Pennsylvania, USA, glamour photos almost seem archaic. I am old enough to remember when they were an important part of the market, but most of the rest of us aren't.

• 2 weeks later...