Bentley ID Help

aphperspective

Question

10 answers to this question

Certainly looks like all the other Mk VI 1952 Bentleys on Google Images, apart from the coachbuilt ones. A couple of pictures of that very car but no detail. It appears on the site of a wedding photographer in Flintshire but each time I've tried to go to it Chrome as crashed through loads of Windows opening, and on a Mac as well. Not had that before.

Actually I can't see how Google finds the picture of it on Flickr at Malin Head, or the fishing lodge in Careysville, or rather I can only presume that it can 'read' the registration number from the photo, can it really do that?

Edited by Harry Harrison

4 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Certainly looks like all the other Mk VI 1952 Bentleys on Google Images, apart from the coachbuilt ones. A couple of pictures of that very car but no detail. It appears on the site of a wedding photographer in Flintshire but each time I've tried to go to it Chrome as crashed through loads of Windows opening, and on a Mac as well. Not had that before.

Actually I can't see how Google finds the picture of it on Flickr at Malin Head, or the fishing lodge in Careysville, or rather I can only presume that it can 'read' the registration number from the photo, can it really do that?

I got the year from DVLA website. If you put in the Reg you get a limited amount of info. Year of manufacture and colour that's all. Thanks for the effort.

Andy

4 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

I imagine not- the images are just similar enough, and unusual enough. I notice surprising matches sometimes.

MkVI or Mk6 or Mark VI or Mark 6 not MkV1 (but include the V1 for clients making the same mistake)

Saloon or Standard Steel Saloon

Big Bore (4566 cc - from the DVLA - vs 4,257cc)

4,566 cc

4.5 litre or 4.5 L or 4.5l or 4 1/2 etc etc.

278 cu in

The Malin Head image from the rear shows it's not an R type.

Don't forget to check AoA for Bentley.

1954 Bentley R Type B73YA (1954 chassis). This 4-door 4-light saloon was delivered in September 1954 to la Société Franpar of Paris (France Soir newspaper) and registered 7742-CZ-75. It was registered OMB710 on its return to the UK. In 2004 it was owned in Switzerland by RREC member Dr. Heinz Wehrli. http://www.kda132.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/NZRRB11-5-1.pdf

Why did I look into this? Because of the wedding photographer image. I do think Google uses OCR for Google images. After using Google Translate with live view for a while, I would be amazed if they didn't. Great wedding pix btw.

wim

Edited by wiskerke
1 more link

22 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Why did I look into this? Because of the wedding photographer

Excellent result. I'm not suggesting you do this but when I go to that Wedding photographer site again using your link this time I still get all these windows opening as soon as I scroll down. Never seen it before anywhere else but happens every time (just the 3 times today) that I go there. Strange, not going back.

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

MkVI or Mk6 or Mark VI or Mark 6 not MkV1 (but include the V1 for clients making the same mistake)

Saloon or Standard Steel Saloon

Big Bore (4566 cc - from the DVLA - vs 4,257cc)

4,566 cc

4.5 litre or 4.5 L or 4.5l or 4 1/2 etc etc.

278 cu in

The Malin Head image from the rear shows it's not an R type.

Don't forget to check AoA for Bentley.

1954 Bentley R Type B73YA (1954 chassis). This 4-door 4-light saloon was delivered in September 1954 to la Société Franpar of Paris (France Soir newspaper) and registered 7742-CZ-75. It was registered OMB710 on its return to the UK. In 2004 it was owned in Switzerland by RREC member Dr. Heinz Wehrli. http://www.kda132.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/NZRRB11-5-1.pdf

Why did I look into this? Because of the wedding photographer image. I do think Google uses OCR for Google images. After using Google Translate with live view for a while, I would be amazed if they didn't. Great wedding pix btw.

wim

Thanks a million wim, as usual for your forensic searches always amaze me. Updated caption etc now. Again thanks.

Andy

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

Excellent result. I'm not suggesting you do this but when I go to that Wedding photographer site again using your link this time I still get all these windows opening as soon as I scroll down. Never seen it before anywhere else but happens every time (just the 3 times today) that I go there. Strange, not going back.

I have uBlock Origin and using Firefox. No popups nor extra windows here.

Even after disabling uBlock, still no windows.

wim