Next Cambridge Alamy group meeting

Just a heads up that the next meeting will be on Wednesday 11th September, for anyone interested in joining us. At our May meeting there were 7 of us including 2  photographers new to the group. 

If you are thinking of coming you would be very welcome!  Please add this date to your diaries and we will confirm time and place in late July/early August!

Kumar on behalf of the Cambridge Alamy group

I used to be affiliated with Cambridge U in a round about way and have wanted to return to the town since my last visit in 2013. I’ll be in France in September, so will look at my budget and see if it’s a possibility to pop over and join your group. It sounds like you have a great time. 

18 minutes ago, Cecile Marion said:

I used to be affiliated with Cambridge U in a round about way and have wanted to return to the town since my last visit in 2013. I’ll be in France in September, so will look at my budget and see if it’s a possibility to pop over and join your group. It sounds like you have a great time. 

You would be extremely welcome - we are thinking for the next meeting of arranging it in Ely but that is only 12-15 miles from Cambridge and just as easy to get to

Kumar

2 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

Okay. Thanks for the heads-up, Kumar. I’d probably spend a couple nights in Cambridge and wouldn’t have a car, so would depend on buses/trains to Ely. Thanks for the welcome!

If it came to it one of the group could even collect you in Cambridge and give you a lift to Ely.

Allan

I am hoping to be there Kumar.

Edited by Allan Bell

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm, the next Cambridge Alamy group meeting is on Wednesday Sept. 11th, and will be in Ely. (Please note it is NOT in the usual Wrestlers Pub venue in Cambridge!)

I have e-mailed those whom I have e-mail addresses for, but if you are interested in coming please let me know on here and I can include you in the numbers in order to book lunch at an appropriate venue. I will do that in a couple of weeks and put the venue on here as well. 

Cecile Marion - you would of course be very welcome as would anyone else who has not been before

Cheers

Kumar

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cecile Marion - you would of course be very welcome as would anyone else who has not been before

Thanks so much, Kumar. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it this trip. Maybe sometime in the future! I’ll be in Paris the month of September, but must then head south, rather than north. My best to all for a fun meeting.

Cecile

3 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

Thanks so much, Kumar. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it this trip. Maybe sometime in the future! I’ll be in Paris the month of September, but must then head south, rather than north. My best to all for a fun meeting.

Cecile

Thats a shame Cecile, - have a great trip!

Cheers

Kumar

• 4 weeks later...

I have now booked The Cutter Inn in Ely for the next Cambridge Alamy group meeting, which will be on Wednesday 11th September at 12.30pm (please note slightly later than usual start time)

I have e-mailed the 6 members expecting to attend, but if anyone out there in addition would like to come, please let me know on this forum and I can easily , increase the numbers on the booking.

Best wishes

Kumar

• 5 weeks later...

Got in first.Thanks to all who attended for making my day brighter.

Very good meeting lots of conversations about different subjects. Most Alamy related (for Shiela's sake) as well as others. Sorry we put on you DOC with our health questions but I think you started it somehow. Might be wrong on that. Could have been me.

The meeting closed about 3.30pm after a good meal. Or should that be "Prorogued".

Allan

• 3 months later...

Hi Everybody!

Hope you all had a good Christmas!

Heads up for the next Cambridge Alamy group meeting will be Wednesday 15th January at 12.30, at The Cutter Inn, Ely; there is a free car park at the Cutter in for guests and I have asked for a quiet table! Food is good for vegetarian and non-vegetarians alike. 

I will e-mail those regulars who come, but if anyone else is interested to come along, you would be very welcome. We normally average 5-7 photographers at these meet-ups.

Let me know, but meantime, Happy New Year to you all

Kumar

• Like 2

You already know that I will be there so this is by way of a BUMP.

Also I am so popular that everyone should know I will be there so they can see the person who posts those idiot comments on the forums.

Allan