I hate to bother you all, but this has been driving me crazy for over a year after I moved house.  When I boot up my iMac, my mail opens on startup. Along with another pop up saying  “to open CS5ServiceManager” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.

I’ve looked for the startup disk (can’t find) to see if I could change the mail app without success, and I’ve looked at mail preferences, but either there is nothing there or I’m just not recognizing what I’m seeing. Which is usual, since I’m not technical. 😕

This problem is no biggie, but an annoyance that I’d rather not have.

Help? MDM?

On another note, I had CC 2018 and 2019 both on my computer. Coming from LR, it seemed to open into ‘19, but if I clicked on an image in Bridge, it opened up ‘18. From following tips in the other thread, I think I managed to get rid of ‘18. But somewhere as I bumbled around, I chose a setting that caused ‘19 to open on startup!! 😂  And where in the heck can I choose  CC to open in 16 bit instead of 8? Couldn’t find that in Preferences, either.

I’ve chosen the knife to slit my throat with. 

Betty

Betty what I am saying may not be what you are looking for, but you seem  so desperate.  Don’t use the knife, it not worth it.

I am not sure about other things, but I might be able to help you with the last question.

When you open a raw file from Bridge (using ACR), the setting for bit depth is under the main picture.  You can change  colour space, bit depth, resolution etc.

Is this what you are looking for? If not, ignore my reply.  I am sure MDM is on his way.  International Rescue!!!! 

Sung

1 hour ago, SFL said:

Betty what I am saying may not be what you are looking for, but you seem  so desperate.  Don’t use the knife, it not worth it.

I am not sure about other things, but I might be able to help you with the last question.

When you open a raw file from Bridge (using ACR), the setting for bit depth is under the main picture.  You can change  colour space, bit depth, resolution etc.

Is this what you are looking for? If not, ignore my reply.  I am sure MDM is on his way.  International Rescue!!!! 

Sung

Yes, that’s what I’m looking for! Thank you, Sung!

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I hate to bother you all, but this has been driving me crazy for over a year after I moved house.  When I boot up my iMac, my mail opens on startup. Along with another pop up saying  “to open CS5ServiceManager” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.

I’ve looked for the startup disk (can’t find) to see if I could change the mail app without success, and I’ve looked at mail preferences, but either there is nothing there or I’m just not recognizing what I’m seeing. Which is usual, since I’m not technical. 😕

This problem is no biggie, but an annoyance that I’d rather not have.

Help? MDM?

On another note, I had CC 2018 and 2019 both on my computer. Coming from LR, it seemed to open into ‘19, but if I clicked on an image in Bridge, it opened up ‘18. From following tips in the other thread, I think I managed to get rid of ‘18. But somewhere as I bumbled around, I chose a setting that caused ‘19 to open on startup!! 😂  And where in the heck can I choose  CC to open in 16 bit instead of 8? Couldn’t find that in Preferences, either.

I’ve chosen the knife to slit my throat with. 

Betty

New one on me Betty but a google search led me straight to the Adobe forums and a fix apparently. I have no idea beyond that I'm afraid.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1618590

For startup items, open Users and Groups under the System Prefs and you should see a tab with login items on the right. Just remove the ones you don't want by clicking the - sign I guess.