5 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

There is a newer, lighter 35 f2 out, but most Fuji shooters say the original renders best.

That's good to know, always wondered about that just in case I ever do get an X-Pro2. I think the one you have is a 1.4 in fact, always liked the look of that rectangular hood!

41 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

If you go another prime, try the 35mm f1.2. Wow. There is a newer, lighter 35 f2 out, but most Fuji shooters say the original renders best. I have it and love it. I will say this. My most used lens for stock is the 18-135. Unheralded, but great for travel. Stand in one spot and do wide, then zoom, 2 entirely different-looking pics. I often park in a lot and take shots of storefronts like this without having to zoom with my feet. I’d say 70% of my outdoor stock is with this lens. OK, I’m lazy. :D There is fairy dust with the 50-140. Not quite wide enough in some situations.

Betty

oooo, my list of wants is growing!  Yeah, 18-135 is a very appealing range.  I guess I am hesitating because it's not as fast (aperture), but, for travel photography it's probably sufficient for a good portion of what I'd be shooting.  Thanks Betty!

4 minutes ago, amycicconi said:

oooo, my list of wants is growing!  Yeah, 18-135 is a very appealing range.  I guess I am hesitating because it's not as fast (aperture), but, for travel photography it's probably sufficient for a good portion of what I'd be shooting.  Thanks Betty!

@Betty LaRue is that a 35mm 1.2 or 1.4?  I'm not finding a 1.2?

2 hours ago, amycicconi said:

@Betty LaRue is that a 35mm 1.2 or 1.4?  I'm not finding a 1.2?

Pardon...the 35 is a 1.4.  I’ve used it indoors for product and food, flowers, Christmas decor...many things. And yes the 18-135 isn’t fast. But I use it in good light for outdoor photography and it’s always been fast enough to shoot at ISO 200. If you dig deep enough in my port to where you see storefronts, they all are taken with this lens. Along with flora...trees and shrubs. Also barns, wheat fields, tractors, combines, etc.  

I used this lens extensively in St Croix during my last trip there, (I believe that was my first Fuji, the X-T1) and also the Sony RX 100-3. My first trip to St. Croix I hadn’t got the Fuji yet, so shot Nikon D800 and RX100 original. I seemed to shoot the RX more because the Nikon was a brick. That’s why I went Fuji later.

The first few pages of my port (children, Easter) are from the RX100-3 and scattered through. These are family shots where the little camera small enough for my handbag shines.

The 18-135 has sometimes has chromatic issues against light skies, but easily fixed in LR. But then, those issues show up with most lenses, no matter the cost.

Betty

15 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Pardon...the 35 is a 1.4.  I’ve used it indoors for product and food, flowers, Christmas decor...many things. And yes the 18-135 isn’t fast. But I use it in good light for outdoor photography and it’s always been fast enough to shoot at ISO 200. If you dig deep enough in my port to where you see storefronts, they all are taken with this lens. Along with flora...trees and shrubs. Also barns, wheat fields, tractors, combines, etc.  

I used this lens extensively in St Croix during my last trip there, (I believe that was my first Fuji, the X-T1) and also the Sony RX 100-3. My first trip to St. Croix I hadn’t got the Fuji yet, so shot Nikon D800 and RX100 original. I seemed to shoot the RX more because the Nikon was a brick. That’s why I went Fuji later.

The first few pages of my port (children, Easter) are from the RX100-3 and scattered through. These are family shots where the little camera small enough for my handbag shines.

The 18-135 has sometimes has chromatic issues against light skies, but easily fixed in LR. But then, those issues show up with most lenses, no matter the cost.

Betty

Thanks @Betty LaRue!  I have so many Fuji lenses I want to try.  It's fun, because the new X-T2 has gotten my photo juices flowing again.  So much for having my "need to keyword" stockpile cleared out.  I'm 200+ deep again!  BTW your St. Croix images are stunning.

1 hour ago, amycicconi said:

Thanks @Betty LaRue!  I have so many Fuji lenses I want to try.  It's fun, because the new X-T2 has gotten my photo juices flowing again.  So much for having my "need to keyword" stockpile cleared out.  I'm 200+ deep again!  BTW your St. Croix images are stunning.

Thank you, Amy!

You are reacting like I did when I got the X-T1, then the X-T2.  All of a sudden I was having fun again. It’s like I rediscovered photography. I will admit that I struggled at first, because the Fuji system was different. I took very underexposed images at first and thought I was rather stupid. I had used Nikons from D70 all the way through D800 and knew what I was doing. The FujiX forum nursed me through! Once I “got” it, (WYSIWYG What you see is what you get) I loved it.

I have a lot of the lenses. 35, 56 1.2, 80 macro, 10-24, 18-55, 18-135, 50-140, 100-400. Three primes, five zooms. My least used is the 18-55 simply because the 18-135 replaced it.

For people outdoors doing things like biking, paddle boarding, etc.,  I like the 50-140. Like I said, fairy dust. Portraits, 56, or outdoor portraits, 50-140 or 56. I got this many lenses slowly over time. My last purchase was the macro, only because I had to wait forever for them to release a 1:1 macro.

Betty

6 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thank you, Amy!

You are reacting like I did when I got the X-T1, then the X-T2.  All of a sudden I was having fun again. It’s like I rediscovered photography. I will admit that I struggled at first, because the Fuji system was different. I took very underexposed images at first and thought I was rather stupid. I had used Nikons from D70 all the way through D800 and knew what I was doing. The FujiX forum nursed me through! Once I “got” it, (WYSIWYG What you see is what you get) I loved it.

I have a lot of the lenses. 35, 56 1.2, 80 macro, 10-24, 18-55, 18-135, 50-140, 100-400. Three primes, five zooms. My least used is the 18-55 simply because the 18-135 replaced it.

For people outdoors doing things like biking, paddle boarding, etc.,  I like the 50-140. Like I said, fairy dust. Portraits, 56, or outdoor portraits, 50-140 or 56. I got this many lenses slowly over time. My last purchase was the macro, only because I had to wait forever for them to release a 1:1 macro.

Betty

Awesome!  I have the 18-55, 55-230, 10-24, 16, and the rokinon 12 (although I haven't figured out how to get it working, seems like you have to set something special to enable manual focus).

The one feature that I am really thrilled with is using bracketing with electronic shutter on.  The bracketing is literally instantaneous and now I can handhold even more bracketed shots and line them up perfectly.

The 16 can focus super close so it's not true macro but really close focusing.

17 minutes ago, amycicconi said:

Awesome!  I have the 18-55, 55-230, 10-24, 16, and the rokinon 12 (although I haven't figured out how to get it working, seems like you have to set something special to enable manual focus).

The one feature that I am really thrilled with is using bracketing with electronic shutter on.  The bracketing is literally instantaneous and now I can handhold even more bracketed shots and line them up perfectly.

The 16 can focus super close so it's not true macro but really close focusing.

Go here, join, ask a question about the rokinon and someone will help you. Good people.

https://www.fujix-forum.com/

• Love 1