Personal archive options

HI - I am presuming this is an OK topic to discuss here, but if not the moderator can delete.

I am using a service for my personal archive and online image galleries. I don't sell through the service (never had any client interest really) but I do distribute images with its download links, lighboxes and preffered client abilities.

I am now worried the service may be in financial trouble. They have not updated their service or templates for a few years now. Last week they announced they had taken $8M in investor funding to do some updates, add some technical staff and update some templates (all operational issues rather than expansion opportunities). This has me seriously worried as it would imply they are not solvent enough/able/willing to invest in the business themselves and have just, essentially, sold off part of the company to another entity. My guess is that they were slowly sinking and this is an act to keep afloat.

So my question is, can any one recommend good alternative personal archive-web gallery services that have image distribution systems? Similar to "PS". 

I use Zenfoilo to set up my website galleries. It has everything I need and more. I can give you a referral discount code if you want which gets you 10% off.

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1

PhotoShelter  offers everything you need, but will cost you about $30 a month, depending on how much image storage space you need.  They offer more than one option.

www.photoshelter.com

Ollie

10 hours ago, Ollie said:

PhotoShelter  offers everything you need, but will cost you about $30 a month, depending on how much image storage space you need.  They offer more than one option.

Ollie

Yes I have been with them since 2006 - thats who I am worried about.

• Love 1

I had been using Photoshelter but found it too expensive and have now stopped. Had a link through the other day which looks interesting though..

https://passgallery.com/pricing

They offer 20Gb of storage free (6000 photos). Haven't used it yet but they offer a $ 17-month sub for 100GB (60,000 pics) 

• Love 1

The basic Zenfoilio plan is £5 per month for unlimited storage. You may not want a website as such but you can have a basic gallery/galleries. And you have the option of using more features in the future if you want.

• Love 1