First year review

Becky Boy

Hi all, 

New to the forum but been a contributor for about a year. Can people have an honest look at how I’m approaching things so I’m not going in the wrong direction. I know with only 300 it’s pretty small at the moment and with just one sale I fully realise I need to up the quantity, I just want to make sure I’m roughly doing the right thing.

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/647685.html

Thanks in advance

Andy

Edited by Becky Boy

Hi Andy.

You will need to give more details in your caption and keywords. F.inst. which cruise ship? - name of fountain, sculpture details and artist, etc. etc.

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist

Thanks Niels

Its hard to remember where you are after the onboard all inclusive drinks. Ha ha.  Will try harder on the captioning . Not the best job in the world but crucial for sales no doubt.

Thanks again. 

I really like your photos.  The majority are well composed and with high production values.  Niels is right though.  You need to do more work on your captions and keywords.  For example, in some of your Baden Powell photos you do not mention the location. Brown sea island is a key international scouting location.

Buyers do not look at photos to start with.  The search by keyword terms: then select the photos that match those terms.  If your photo does not match it will not be looked at.  

However, you have made an excellent start.  Alamy sales are a marathon not a sprint so keep doing what you are doing, plus some more work on captions and keywords and the sales will come - I think anyway

Thanks Ian.

Ive just amended that.

I do go back over when I have time to random photos. I try and think how they may be searched for and add those search keywords. I sometimes find it easier that way.

Thanks for the advice.

On 11/04/2019 at 09:44, Becky Boy said:

Its hard to remember where you are after the onboard all inclusive drinks. Ha ha.  Will try harder on the captioning . Not the best job in the world but crucial for sales no doubt.

I often spend a lot of time on captions, involving maps, Wikipedia, Google Earth etc.

At least with digital it's easy to take a quick snap of any signs, information boards etc while you're there, without wasting a precious frame of film.

Alan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...