Alamy Gremlins?

Looks like the Alamy gremlin has got into our metadata too!

I have downloaded our metadata file and something has gone very wrong with it. There are multiple copies of some of our  files which have been given Alamy IDs but the IDs do not correspond to any of our images online.

I have a copy of my metadata from just a few months ago and all these multiple files are not on that copy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

In my case the gremlin look like this:

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ASP.myupload_metadatadownloadhandler_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

...I can't even do it (tried three browsers).

Given what's happening this last days, I guess I shouldn't be surprised 😏

Hi 

It looks like the metadata report includes failed QC and deleted images which is causing issues with the image ID's. It should not take our IT team too long to fix!

All the best

Alamy

7 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi 

It looks like the metadata report includes failed QC and deleted images which is causing issues with the image ID's. It should not take our IT team too long to fix!

All the best

Alamy

Hi,

While you're doing it, can you also exclude QC failures and deleted images from the "Alamy exclusive" and "Alamy non-exclusive" filter results? There's no point in including images that aren't (and never will be) for sale in these filter results. It just adds confusion and makes life more difficult.

Mark 

1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

Hi,

While you're doing it, can you also exclude QC failures and deleted images from the "Alamy exclusive" and "Alamy non-exclusive" filter results? There's no point in including images that aren't (and never will be) for sale in these filter results. It just adds confusion and makes life more difficult.

Mark 

Hi Mark,

We'll pass on the feedback!

Thanks,

Alamy

1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

Hi,

Mark 

Hi Mark

I am missing something.  Where is the filter for exclusive and non-exclusive?  I spent last more than 10 mins looking for it.  :wacko:

Sung

3 hours ago, SFL said:

Hi Mark

I am missing something.  Where is the filter for exclusive and non-exclusive?  I spent last more than 10 mins looking for it.  :wacko:

Sung

It's hidden. Alamy Image manager, click attributes and then scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down list.

Mark

17 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi 

All the best

Alamy

In our case it seems to also be passed images that have had their file names duplicated. 

13 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

It's hidden. Alamy Image manager, click attributes and then scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down list.

Mark

But I looked there yesterday and I've just looked again, but it's not there...  I will have to ask Member Service, I suppose.

Thanks anyway, Mark

5 hours ago, SFL said:

But I looked there yesterday and I've just looked again, but it's not there...  I will have to ask Member Service, I suppose.

Thanks anyway, Mark

Try logging out and back in to Alamy.  Try closing and reopening your browser. Try clearing your browser's cache. Try a different browser.

It's working for me on Chrome.

AIM-screenshot.jpg

Mark

34 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Try logging out and back in to Alamy.  Try closing and reopening your browser. Try clearing your browser's cache. Try a different browser.

It's working for me on Chrome.

Mark

Thank you Mark.  I removed Alamy's cookies, cache, etc from my Safari, then magic happened.  I have got those attribute options. Cheers!

Sung

• 2 weeks later...

Archived