While researching a type of tree I have a pic of, I found on Google an image of the leaves that confirmed the ID.  However, the image was from here on Alamy.  When clicked on, it showed a different licensing model than the RM or RF licensing I see on my site.  It showed Personal use, Business use (personal use and...), and Enhanced business use (business use and... )  There is a clickable link that says Which is right for me? which shows a drop-down window with tick marks placed on the various usage licenses showing what all is included.  Looking at another image from the same contributor, it was uploaded on January 17, 2019.  Is this a new licensing model?  Do any of you have this option? Also, it appears to be RM as there is an Other options button that brings down the window for choices... image use, size, print run etc... Curious minds want to know... maybe something new they`re rolling out?

I checked one of my RM images, both logged in via FF and logged out (all history, cookies removed), via a Google search in Edge, and don't see that option on either page. Maybe it's a geographic roll out, or some other selective roll out. Or ... ?

6 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I checked one of my RM images, both logged in via FF and logged out (all history, cookies removed), via a Google search in Edge, and don't see that option on either page. Maybe it's a geographic roll out, or some other selective roll out. Or ... ?

I`ve seen sales come in from other contributors that had enhanced licensing, but didn`t know what it meant...  seems to offer a lot for little return... we`ll see.

38 minutes ago, Sharon said:

I`ve seen sales come in from other contributors that had enhanced licensing, but didn`t know what it meant...  seems to offer a lot for little return... we`ll see.

That enhanced sale was for $138.

I don't know if that is considered good or bad but I'm not going to complain:unsure:

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

That enhanced sale was for $138.

I don't know if that is considered good or bad but I'm not going to complain:unsure:

That's 3x what I got for the "unenhanced" version of the same license, which wasn't really that different. So you didn't do badly bad at all.

15 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

That's 3x what I got for the "unenhanced" version of the same license, which wasn't really that different. So you didn't do badly bad at all.

You're right. There were two minor differences between them, otherwise the same license.

11 hours ago, Rico said:

You're right. There were two minor differences between them, otherwise the same license.

Sounds like you hit the jackpot. Have to say I was a bit taken aback by the low price for the long menu of uses granted.

I liked your drumming image BTW. Mine was also Canadian content, but most likely a different client.

56 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Sounds like you hit the jackpot. Have to say I was a bit taken aback by the low price for the long menu of uses granted.

I liked your drumming image BTW. Mine was also Canadian content, but most likely a different client.

Thanks for the compliment!

I've always liked to photograph First Nations imagery. It's a bit more interesting than suburbia.

Archived