Changing currency

Sharon

Question

Do all sellers (and buyers) see the same currency as British pounds for their listings?  Can we not have our own currency listed with our photos.  I`m in Canada and would like to see the currency for my images listed as Canadian.  Anybody?.. thoughts?

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Sharon said:

Do all sellers (and buyers) see the same currency as British pounds for their listings?  Can we not have our own currency listed with our photos.  I`m in Canada and would like to see the currency for my images listed as Canadian.  Anybody?.. thoughts?

Which listings do you mean?

I'm seeing all my sales reported in US $.

I'm in The Netherlands, but I was in the US when I joined many years ago. Maybe that's why. Otoh it may be because Alamy uses a US banking company. But most probably it's because the US $ is the most widely understood currency.

As for the license fees next to an image on the zoom page, my guess is that's determined by the country or part of the world you or your computer is in. Recently the front page has asked me if I wanted to see it in German or Spanish. Don't think it offered Chinese or Japanese, which is a pity. However the local Alamy distributor in Japan is getting me quite a bit of sales for reasonable fees.

wim

As I haven`t made any sales, I can`t report what currency they pay me in, but I did sign up for US$.

It was the licensing fee beside the image on the zoom page I was inquiring about.  I just see it in British currency.  Is there somewhere on my site I can change that?  Will have to have a good look around.  Maybe I missed something.

6 hours ago, Sharon said:

As I haven`t made any sales, I can`t report what currency they pay me in, but I did sign up for US$.

It was the licensing fee beside the image on the zoom page I was inquiring about.  I just see it in British currency.  Is there somewhere on my site I can change that?  Will have to have a good look around.  Maybe I missed something.

For me the fees on the zoom page are in Euros.

The only place where I see something that can be changed is in the bar across the top of the screen where there's a button with EN meaning English. If I click on it it gives me Deutsch as an alternative. However when I do switch to Deutsch, the same button all of a sudden gives me these options:

English

Español

Français

Italiano

Portugués

The language changes alright, but none changes the currency.

So that's why my guess is that it's one's IP address.

If not it might even be the system settings of the computer. Usually called something like language and timezone.

Then there's also a field for country in my account settings from my Alamy dashboard. But it's part of my home address. So yours will be set to Canada there.

I should have known better than writing all this nonsense non relevant things: this problem has been solved long ago on this forum:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/9533-canadian-contributors/?tab=comments#comment-170403

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/5910-hello/?tab=comments#comment-98624

And maybe even earlier than that.

wim

Well... so I`m not the only one... lol.  thanks for the link wiskerke.  I went in and looked around and pushed a button or two.. actually not sure what I did, but when I checked again, the currency is showing in CAD.  Happy camper now!! :))  I emailed support and they`re probably going to roll their eyes at the newbie. :)

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 17:16, wiskerke said:

I'm seeing all my sales reported in US $.

I'm in The Netherlands, but I was in the US when I joined many years ago. Maybe that's why.

I think everyone has sales reported in USD.

You can change currencies on two places: 

1) Currency that Alamy pays you in;
     Changed on  contributor dashboard -> Account settings -> Your payment info

2) Currency displayed as standard purchase price; 

go to this link and change to one of the available currencies 

• Like 1