Image theft - would this be possible and would it help stop the problem

Flipboard has been around since 2010. Originally it was a competitor to Google News for the iPad. I've had it on my Android phone in 2013 or 2014.

Since Google made a mess of News, I may revisit it.

It's not UK based: it's from Palo Alto.

wim

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

Flipboard has been around since 2010. Originally it was a competitor to Google News for the iPad. I've had it on my Android phone in 2013 or 2014.

Since Google made a mess of News, I may revisit it.

It's not UK based: it's from Palo Alto.

wim

Ah Ok, not that recent then. 

53 minutes ago, Sally said:

Just so everyone knows, images found on a relatively new site/app called Flipboard are not going to count as additional uses. I found one of mine there, that originally Alamy told me looked like a “lifted use”. When I contacted Flipboard, I was told that 

“it lives on Metro UK's website and is hosted on their servers. What you see is not a copy made by Flipboard. Simply put, Flipboard provides a view to the original source--in this case, that's to our partner Metro UK”.

Alamy subsequently chased this up with The a Metro and confirmed that

as the article wording is the same and the link below the image on Flipboard goes directly back to same article on the Metro, this would be classed as in an context use. As the link is a direct link back to the original article source this would be covered under the license”

Thanks for feeding back.

Archived