Slowly building portfolio

Luke____S

On 01/04/2019 at 08:14, Colblimp said:

I was here 4 months and 400 pics before I saw my first sale of my two donkeys, Judge and Gideon...two-donkeys-graze-in-a-field-with-a-rainbow-behind-them-in-ballydehob-FB8KCX.jpg

Ditto, and mine was also of an animal.

close-up-of-atlantic-puffin-fratercula-a

• 4 weeks later...

On 18/12/2018 at 19:10, Starsphinx said:

Keep an eye on the images sold and images found threads on the other board - that will give you an idea of what is selling at the time.  Use your dashboard to explore how your images come up in searches and check they are appearing where they should and that if they appear where they shouldn't that their keywording/captions are accurate (example I have an image of people eating in the city of Bath - yesterday someone searched "eating in the bath" - my image came up.  It was not what the search intended but my keywords are accurate.   

I need to see how this dashboard thing works to see which searches I turn up in. Any tips?

Go to your dashboard, click alamy measures and then click your images or all of alamy - then you can set a date range.  If you are on your images you can further divide by pseudonym.  Then the terms that have been searched will be on the left and if you click on them you will see which images came up (and work out any that did not come up).  On all of alamy you will see all the terms searched (it will be pages and pages) and you may note a term you think some of your images should have appeared in and so add to the keywords or you may see searches for things you have not done that would be easy for you - say a lesser known local place - and so plan shoots.

36 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

Go to your dashboard, click alamy measures and then click your images or all of alamy - then you can set a date range.  If you are on your images you can further divide by pseudonym.  Then the terms that have been searched will be on the left and if you click on them you will see which images came up (and work out any that did not come up).  On all of alamy you will see all the terms searched (it will be pages and pages) and you may note a term you think some of your images should have appeared in and so add to the keywords or you may see searches for things you have not done that would be easy for you - say a lesser known local place - and so plan shoots.

Thank you so much, I can now see, that's amazing!

Will definitely check the all of alamy bit too to see what else comes up that I could do. Definitely seen a few searches without many results that my photos are now appearing prominently in :)

Archived