Publication titles for Payback royalties

6 minutes ago, Pietrach said:

Hi

Can you tell me how to find out the publication titles my images were used in, or the purpose of the Paypack royalties?

Will Alamy reveal these to me when contacted?

Thanks

No, Alamy won't help in this regard.  It's up to you using various search techniques on the Web (Google Image Search, Amazon, Google Books, etc.etc.) + keeping an eye on the 'Images found' threads here.  Best of luck.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Of course Alamy will make your submission for you, for 50%.....er, make that 60%

Plus "expenses" which they are not prepared to divulge and it is not possible to determine. Of all the agencies i work with Alamy take the biggest cut for claiming on your behalf -a sum of money which morally should all go to the photographer.Suggest you read the DACS website carefully in order to determine what and how to claim yourself but as your partner won't divulge any info on publication you may be better just letting them claim for you

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

and that it was for printed matter (or TV), excluding newspapers.

Not true-Its only for books and magazines which have been identified by the CLA. does not include calendars,flyers or any other printed material. 

Regen

1 hour ago, regen said:

Not true-Its only for books and magazines which have been identified by the CLA. does not include calendars,flyers or any other printed material. 

Regen

It's not untrue, either! ;) I just wasn't being specific enough.  For which, apologies to OP.

1 hour ago, regen said:

Not true- Its only for books and magazines which have been identified by the CLA.

Regen

That's "not true" either- all UK books and magazines count towards the main payment.

A smaller payment depends on your images appearing in  specific publications on the DACS/ CLA list. Mine was about 7% of the total.

Archived